• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Hello guys and gals...as the title suggests...Im looking to see if anyone has anything to say about the SW 457.
    Its a compact .45 that I believe holds 7 with a 3"-3.5" barrel...its tiny.

Ive never seen one for sale in person...is the grip really fat?

Looking for opinions as well

God bless
    -Shred

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The S&W non-M&P semi-autos...

I've NEVER been able to handle how long (front to back) the grips are; be they single-stack or double stack magazines. I have trouble comfortably reaching the trigger and dry-firing them in double-action mode.

I wouldn't call a single-stack gun fat... But it may be long from front to back.

Many many folks really like the S&W pistols like this...of all 3 generations.

Me, I've yet to find one that really feels good to my hands.

-J-

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    A great gun and typical quality of third gen S&W's. It is an economy version, I think, like the 908(3913) and the 915(5904).

Overall very similar in size to a commander 1911. The barrel is 3.75" and it does indeed hold 7 rounds. The grip width is the same as the other S&W DA/SA 45's (except the CS45 which is thicker cause of factory hogue grips). They are neat and Whittakers in Owensboro, KY has a blued and a two tone used in the case over which I have been drooling.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Thanks for the fast replies guys...

I saw cs45 at the 1500 but though it was like holding a baseball bat(I have smaller hands).

I like the M&P stuff...but have never had a chance to handle much of the steel frame guns.

God bless
    -Shred

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I have a 4516 45acp and love it. It's a bit heavy but built like a tank :yesway:

eb66304bc1448752491b642b15d71120.jpg

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    The S&W non-M&P semi-autos...

I've NEVER been able to handle how long (front to back) the grips are; be they single-stack or double stack magazines. I have trouble comfortably reaching the trigger and dry-firing them in double-action mode.

-J-

Try to find a DAO model like the 5943 or the 4043. The trigger reach is a little shorter than the regular DA/SA models. I don't know how much shorter, but a 5943 feels a whole lot better than a 5906 in my sausage fingered hands.

I saw cs45 at the 1500 but though it was like holding a baseball bat(I have smaller hands).
    God bless
    -Shred

The CS45 is thick with the factory hogue grips. I bet you played with the blued model in the north small room for $499? Many folks who get those order "Big Dog" grips which are the traditional delrin grips, and narrower to boot.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    S&W 457

I owned this model for years. It was one of my favorite carry pistols. Accuracy was great it shot every round I put through it with no problems at all. In a moment of weakness I traded it , I still dont know why. Wish I had it back, mine was a two tone. The story I got was that the two tone models were meant for dealers that placed a larger order of S&W guns , dont know how true that is but I do know you dont see a lot of the two tones around.

Top Bottom