Please reply by conversation.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Smith and Wesson 625-8

Smith and Wesson 625-8, chambered in 45acp. When I purchased this gun it had been throug Sandburr Ranch. I used it in competition for a while and then took it to Paul Francis (Bosshoss on this forum) for further slicking up and hammer work. Paul basically rebuilt the revolver. Cylinder has been reamed and chamfered, hammer is Carmonized (had weight removed for faster striking), titanium firin pin, internal lock removed, SDM Fiber Optic Front Sight, 4" barrel, polished and radiused trigger. If you're unfamiliar with the 625, it is cut for moonclips to use the 45acp round. Right now the mainspring is at full strength because I don't know what ammo the buyer will want to run through it. But, the gun can be tuned by most any revolver enthusiast or any gunsmith to pull down in the 5.5lb range with fully seated Federal primers. It's very easy to do.

This gun has been shot and dryfired A LOT. I'd estimate the round count to be at least 20k live fire and buku dryfire. Gun has holster wear and various small scratches- fairly normal for guns that actually get used. There is an issue though, the hammer stud is broke. This is the stud that comes up from the frame and the hammer swivels on it. The stud can be fixed but it is an S&W factory fix only. I was quoted $110 by a factory rep for the fix. The gun still works and fires fine with my reloads, haven't tried any factory stuff through it. You can still remove the sideplate to work on it with ease. The stud just has to be lined up right when putting the plate back on.

$700

Trade interests include a 5" M&P9 Pro CORE and a 327/627.

FTF around the Tell City, Santa Claus area.

Must be able to prove you are legal to purchase and own a handgun in Indiana to buy (21 and drivers license). LTCH is a plus. No info recorded.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom