• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Hey al I was hoping you could give an idea what I should ask for a 3rd gen stainless smith 40 cal. The gun is in near mint with low round count and has factory hard locking case. I have 6 magazines with it also. It's stainless slide with alloy frame and houge grips. Any ideas what I should ask. Thanks Dan

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I say its worth $25. Just let me know where to meet you so I can pick it up!!!:D

Seriously, just go to gunbroker.com and see what they are selling for there. Good luck.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Hey al I was hoping you could give an idea what I should ask for a 3rd gen stainless smith 40 cal. The gun is in near mint with low round count and has factory hard locking case. I have 6 magazines with it also. It's stainless slide with alloy frame and houge grips. Any ideas what I should ask. Thanks Dan

Well, I sold a stainless CS45 at a local auction for around $450 a few months ago and Whittakers has a blued CS45 for sale with 2 mags for $399. Depending on condition I have seen them sell for as high as $500 or more, depending on accessories and condition.

You see many more .45 and 9mm versions than .40 S&W. Your extra mags help as these run $25-$35 when you find them. Ignoring caliber, I would say a solid range, in good shape with the extra mags, would be $450-$550.

HOWEVER, I do not remember ever seeing a two tone model and you also refer to a locking hard case. Is this possibly a S&W custom shop version? They did some limited versions such as the recon series which would command more.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Thanks for the replies, it's not a custom shop just a regular cs40 it is really in great shape but I just don't like the grip so up for sale soon. here is the pic you asked for. Thanks again for all the input. Dan
    newpics152.jpg

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    You may want to look into Big Dog Grips. He makes factory looking zytel grips that are much thinner. I had some on a CS45 and they made a noticable difference.

Top Bottom