• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “The lawsuit details an encounter between the personnel and students, some of whom are minors. As they were making their way toward an exhibit, two employees allegedly said, "The f—king pro-life. What a bunch of s—t."

“A Smithsonian security guard then approached the group, according to the lawsuit, insisting that they take their hats off or leave.“

"One of the security guards approached them, gleefully rubbing his hands together, stating they had made his day," the ACLJ wrote in an online statement.“

“When the group asked why other visitors in the museum were able to wear their hats and pride masks without issue, they were told that their hats were "political statements," and that they were "not promoting equality," according to the suit.”

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Ooof. I'm not really sure why the guards felt they needed to engage, but...

There might have been some argument (albiet a weak one) to be made for any statement / language to be restricted, however I have confidence saying that a Pride or P**** hat or Antifa T-shirt would have been allowed.

I will never understand why they think it's OK to espouse their own beliefs, but it's not OK to allow others to do the same. What happened in the 21st century that turned Americans away from respecting difference of opinion?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They believe their views are right because they are their beliefs, and will brook no challenge. It is the new 'divine right of kings' (only without any god that we would recognize)

Top Bottom