• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Anyone know if there is a sniper school/long distance shooting course open to civilians anywhere close to indiana? Always thought it would be cool.:ingo:

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    That class sounds like a blast. If you dont mind me asking, how much does it run a guy to take the class?

Gunner52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Anyone know if there is a sniper school/long distance shooting course open to civilians anywhere close to indiana? Always thought it would be cool.:ingo:

I have a warm basement and a range about a half mile away. NJ

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    26 Years in the USMC, ARMY, and INARNG .....

First off, thank you for your service to our country. Prob know quite a bit. Only regret i have is not joining the military. Could have gotten paid to do what i pay so much to do.

shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    I went to one out in Pennsylvania...great class. The instructor is very good and is a sponsored competition shooter for Leupold/Hornady. He will be doing a training course in 2012 for Ft Wayne SWAT and other police departments, as well as the ones in PA for civilians. The class gets you shooting steel at 100 yd increments out to 1,000 yards. Final day of class requires you to estimate distance and engage targets from 400-700 yards using mil-dots.

http://www.wolfprecision.net/20401.html

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    First off, thank you for your service to our country. Prob know quite a bit. Only regret i have is not joining the military. Could have gotten paid to do what i pay so much to do.

haha you watch too many movies. unless you like learning about uniforms and how to wear them. that's been my military career so far. that and a lot of paperwork

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    According to my wife I may be able to go to the range tomorrow afternoon. If anyone wants to shoot at a 1000 yard range then let me know and I'll meet you up at Young's longshot. Anyone who lives in Indiana and wants to learn about long range shooting really owes it to themselves to visit Young's Longshot at least once in their life. It's worth the drive.

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    According to my wife I may be able to go to the range tomorrow afternoon. If anyone wants to shoot at a 1000 yard range then let me know and I'll meet you up at Young's longshot. Anyone who lives in Indiana and wants to learn about long range shooting really owes it to themselves to visit Young's Longshot at least once in their life. It's worth the drive.

For the newbie, where is Young's?

I need to find a nice rifle to play with, I just don't have the land to safely fire a rifle.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Had no idea that place was there. Been past it plenty of times on the way to the bluegrass festival in Kendalville. Don't like cold ranges, but hey it is 1,000 yards. Might have to check it out. My wife would love the fact that you can shoot from indoors.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    For the newbie, where is Young's?

Do a google map search for "Woodruff, IN". You'll find a tiny spot on a map you never knew was there and then follow S500E north about a 1/4 mile and you'll be able to see a satelite view of the range.
    I need to find a nice rifle to play with, I just don't have the land to safely fire a rifle.

The range is the best place I've ever shot at in my life up to this point. Not only is there a small heated building, there is a long outdoor bench with a cover over the top of it, and also an elevated deck. The building has a fridge full of goodies & pop for sale. For me, I have my little routine of buying a coke and a snickers at that gun range and I'm in heaven.

Top Bottom