• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Snowden’s actions may have been wrong. The people he worked for were just as wrong if not more. His punishment should match theirs. That includes Bush and Obama.

Because of this thread I went back and got a refresher on why my friends had so much of an issue with him.

The primary reason beyond being scummy was that he omitted a lot of information on those programs. Being that those programs were classified, nobody can interject and explain why he was creating a completely fake version of what these programs actually are and do. The point being that, there were protections for rights in place for these programs, and were mostly used on foreign actors and properly masking US citizens.

It's a misdirection from programs that are at the throat of the US citizen, and nobody in the know is actually allowed to explain why.

I have yet to meet someone working in intelligence 9-5 who isn't better versed on rights and civil liberties than anyone in every other sector of government combined. I also have yet to meet one who votes democrat.

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...I have yet to meet someone working in intelligence 9-5 who isn't better versed on rights and civil liberties than anyone in every other sector of government combined. I also have yet to meet one who votes democrat.
    I would bet you've also yet to meet one who thinks their agency's actions aren't justified.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Because of this thread I went back and got a refresher on why my friends had so much of an issue with him.

The primary reason beyond being scummy was that he omitted a lot of information on those programs. Being that those programs were classified, nobody can interject and explain why he was creating a completely fake version of what these programs actually are and do. The point being that, there were protections for rights in place for these programs, and were mostly used on foreign actors and properly masking US citizens.

It's a misdirection from programs that are at the throat of the US citizen, and nobody in the know is actually allowed to explain why.

I have yet to meet someone working in intelligence 9-5 who isn't better versed on rights and civil liberties than anyone in every other sector of government combined. I also have yet to meet one who votes democrat.
    Then why do these programs always -100% - end up being abused and infringing the rights of American citizens. Where are all these righteous people you know when government is sub-contracting censoring opposing views on social media or vacuuming up all communications data without any attempt to make the case that it pertains to any investigation? Does that superior knowledge of rights and civil liberties take a back seat to making bank? If so, why should we believe they wait to become amoral until they are in the private sector?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Then why do these programs always -100% - end up being abused and infringing the rights of American citizens. Where are all these righteous people you know when government is sub-contracting censoring opposing views on social media or vacuuming up all communications data without any attempt to make the case that it pertains to any investigation? Does that superior knowledge of rights and civil liberties take a back seat to making bank? If so, why should we believe they wait to become amoral until they are in the private sector?
    It's sorta like the expert knowledge the fox has of the chicken wire in your poultry pens. It takes expert knowledge to realize how to break something without getting caught.

Really, I don't know why you'd believe anything "intelligence" agencies say about Snowden, given that they're the ones who got their oxen gored by his revelations.

Ditto with the deep-st8ers who spent 4 years leaking classified info during the Trump administration to undermine him politically. They committed the same acts Snowden did, only they were allowed to do it on US soil, and continue to live the rest of their lives here afterward, anonymously, with full Federal Pension awaiting them. And their names are right there in the WaPo and NYT "Source Rolodexes," ready to come alive again and start emitting fresh classified info from their deep throats, in the event Trump is re-elected.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Because a lot of those abuses aren't coming from the NSA. It's usually from the FBI and IRS playing games and mishandling data collected through the NSA, and of course they're getting access to this data without having to go through the same training and vetting.

Blame the people responsible and the agencies responsible.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I would bet you've also yet to meet one who thinks their agency's actions aren't justified.

On a technicality, yeah, as a lot of these people have transferred from agencies they believed were in the wrong.
    Most of those were enlisted military positions.

Top Bottom