• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • klabere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    North Liberty
    Hi everyone, I recently purchased a intratec tec-dc9 fro a friend who was a little hard up for cash, I did quite a bit of research before I bought it and saw a LOT of mixed reviews on the intratec family of guns. Regardless I bought the gun, took it home, stripped it down, checked and cleaned, everything looked solid. So far I have put 200 federal 115grn fmj rounds thru it with zero problems. My question would be, any suggestions for accesories and places to buy them online. Also any thing I should look out for as far as mechanically that I might need to replace. Thanks

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Does the extended magazine ever catch on your car window as you extend your arm out to fire?

:laugh:

(I'm completely kidding btw. Just noticed you were new to INGO)

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    The DC9 is the model with integral barrel shroud, right? I actually really like the looks of those things. Would be great with a side-folding stock.

Also, you now have to do this at a shooting range.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAKQ1p6pb3g"][youtube]nAKQ1p6pb3g[/youtube][/ame]

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    You HAVE to mount the sights on the side, so you can shoot "gangsta" style (and that way you don't catch the mag on the window while shooting) win-win!

klabere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    North Liberty
    well ive got it up as my avatar, the guy i bought it from had the weaver rail put on, and i just added the $40 red dot, which despite what ive heard about this guns accuracy, with that red dot i can shoot a 4'' group at 25 feet.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Serious question here-- what is the proper way to grip a Tec-9? Do you use a traditional handgun thumbs-forward type grip? Or does your support hand grasp the front of the magwell? Or barrel shroud?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Sorta looks cool. Add a laser, get a duster, eye patch and call your self Snake Plisskin. BTW, I think the president's luggage is missing, somewhere in mid Ohio...

ESCAPE FROM DAYTON! :D

You only have 24 hours... Starring Adrianne Barboa, Steve Buschemi and some weird transvestite, MAYBE The Situation...

klabere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    North Liberty
    i was using the weaver stance for the accuracy part and one hand on the mag well for the fun bullet spraying part. it's a front heavy gun, which helps only on rapid fire i'd guess. do they make a stock for this gun? side or folding? i found a site that has fake suppressors was thinking about getting one, whats another pound on the front!?

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    I had one for a while, quite a few years ago. It didn't have much of a practical purpose but it was a fun desert blaster.
    They've gotten a bad rap as far as being "jam-o-matics", but in my experience it seemed to be more of a magazine issue than a firearm design issue. I had 3 magazines, 2 would run perfectly and one would give me continuous malfunction drills. I only ran FMJ through mine, it ate up Winchester White Box 115gr all day long.

Top Bottom