So I got this eagle arms side charger upper receiver and carrier...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I am new to 300 BO but I put an adjustable gas block on mine. The subsonic load that I have worked up will not cycle the firearm without the suppressor on. I guess what I need to do is load that round a little hotter until it cycles without the suppressor, and then turn the gas down when I want to run it suppressed? Or I guess I could only shoot that round suppressed.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    A well built gun with good parts shouldn't need an adjustable block. I have an 8.2" barrel and it runs supers/subs suppressed/unsuppressed with no gas problems.

edit: Just notice you said 6.25", damn that's short. The main issue with gas systems is the distance from the gas block to the barrel end. The description does say that you'll likely have issues with subs unsuppressed. An adjustable gas block won't give you more gas than the hole will allow. But it's almost pointless to shoot subs unsuppressed so you might be fine with a normal block.

Last edited:

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Thanks, guys.
    I wonder if A Noveske switch-block could be made to work on this?
    Noveske offers one on a 10.5" barrel and they can be bought without the barrel.

Top Bottom