• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I do not believe that foreign terrorists are entitled to Constitutional Rights. That was the opinion of SCOTUS until recently.
    Doesn't matter what you and I may or may not believe. All that matters int these cases is what the courts rule and they've ruled that these people have natural rights that are protected. Just like the rest of us. I just happen to agree with their interpretation.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Wait, I thought Guantanamo was closed. Wasn't that a major campaign promise, made dozens of times?

Obama lied, people were detained. Damn, it doesn't rhyme.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    The big problem I see is that we are playing by a rule book that the other side doesn't heed or recognize. We aren't fighting the Germans or the Japanese. The Geneva Convention, Hague Accords, etc. are designed primarily for nations fighting other nations. I realize Geneva has some provisions for irregular troops, but I don't think terrorists are really irregular troops. The only effective way to deal with terrorism is to play by the same rules THEY use.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The big problem I see is that we are playing by a rule book that the other side doesn't heed or recognize. We aren't fighting the Germans or the Japanese. The Geneva Convention, Hague Accords, etc. are designed primarily for nations fighting other nations. I realize Geneva has some provisions for irregular troops, but I don't think terrorists are really irregular troops. The only effective way to deal with terrorism is to play by the same rules THEY use.

Also, the Geneva Convention terms is an agreement between nations. If the "enemy" is not a party to it, then even those who have signed it are not obligated to abide by its terms when dealing with the aforementioned enemy.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Doesn't matter what you and I may or may not believe. All that matters int these cases is what the courts rule and they've ruled that these people have natural rights that are protected. Just like the rest of us. I just happen to agree with their interpretation.

Absolutely not!!!!

When the courts rule the 4th or 1st or 2nd is null and avoid, will you stick by that assessment?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Leftists, anarchists, and others who support terrorists in their hatred of our nation will support this outcome with glee. They wanted the trial to fail, just like they want our government to fail.

Top Bottom