So Which Scenario Is Better For Gun Owners Needing Ammo?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which Scenario Is Better For Gun Owners Needing Ammo?

• Ammo retailer shelves are empty, but what they get they price at about the same as before the panic.

Votes: 10 22.7%
    • The retailers price the ammo at market price, higher than msrp but if needed it is available.

Votes: 34 77.3%

• Total voters

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Oh, and on the supply/demand thing, dont expect anyone to invest in more capacity. I recall one factory that did during the last shortage. Just as they got spooled up the demand dropped back down and they lost their shirts. Trying to remember who it was...

And ESPECIALLY with the dems calls for more gun control. Who wants to make more of something when the govt is actively attempting to limit your consumers' ability to consume your product? Quite the crap shoot.
    I agree. One of the reasons I won't invest in firearms/ammunition companies. I'm not sure about future viability for them.

And excess capacity is not a good thing in manufacturing.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Much as I hate to say it... market prices.

As long as there is such a big difference between retail price and market price, the scalpers and hoarders dominate.

Market pricing will bring demand in line with supply... drive out or break the gougers... and eventually prices will trend down.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Really? For all the bluster and fury about retailers that price ammo high it all comes from a vocal minority of members.

Nearly 80% get it. Truly never expected that outcome.

Poll is open with no close date so we will see as time goes on how the numbers go...

Top Bottom