• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    This is my second SOG Twitch ll that has broke 1st time the lock broke and the 2nd time the blade broke cutting wire from a wire loom. I just havn't had no luck with SOG knives

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    sounds like you need a pair of leatherman multitool or something :) either way its ****ty but probably warrantied. send it back to them and see. if its not get a zero tolerance or something built like a tank

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Well I have a kersaw blur and my ESEE 4 edc but i was trying something new. I'm hard on knives, and that is my fourth SOG knife to fell me. I have heard of Zero Tolerance' are they pretty strong? And i always have my letherman wave on me. You alwaye have to try your knives out.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Wrong tool for the job.

I gave a new SOG Twitch II as a gift a few months ago simply as a good, solid and safe (relatively speaking) small starter knife. It is living up to that specification without a hick up. I'm impressed with it for it's lock feature and overall fit n finish.

Really it's a nice dress knife for business casual or something like that.

Personally I like SOG knives but if you look at their catalog, there are different ones for different purposes and some for multiple purposes.

They even have a top quality multi-"tool" that I highly recommend.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I apologize i do have a sog muti tool and it is a good one. Maybe i'm just to rough on the sog's but i had a jugle primitive and it broke too.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    zero tolerance knives are beasts. they have the titanium frame lock, amazing warranty w/ s30v steel and will take crazy amounts of abuse but the warrant the price tag for the nice stuff also. sog is a good knife its just not designed to be beat on i don't think. i have the sog powerlock multitool and its one of my favorites out there. very beefy and solid.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I mite have to try of those ZT knives. But first I have to get me a ESEE Junglas.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom