WTS/WTT: Solar Generator UPS System $250!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greeper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    I have a few of the 1800 watt Solar Generators that have been advertised lately without the panels. These will still function as back-up power units to keep your fridge/freezer going after a power outage. They do have a built-in solar controller so panels can simply plug in if you have them.

They are these PowerSource 1800 | Solutions From Science without the solar panel.

They are new, but no box. They are worth $500 easy, but I need an AR soon so I'm going to let 4 of them go for $250/ea to raise funds for the AR. 4 for $800.

Thanks!

Where are you located?

Northern IN...I'd be willing to drive a ways for the right deal.

FYI: I was asked a question and felt the answer might be helpful...

They charge in 3 ways. Solar panel input, DC port (cigarette lighter fixture tied to the battery, so it can be charged by your car or be used as a DC source for auto cell phone chargers), and the AC power cord. The power cord not only charges the battery, but automatically transfers AC to the receptacles so you're not working the inverter circuitry when AC is available.

The idea is that you can leave them in the garage and plug in a freezer (computer, sump, whatever) through the unit. If power goes out, it'll take over until the battery is depleted (with solar, the battery will deplete slower, if at all).

Last edited:

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Can they be tied together for more energy storage? I looked at the entire system and thought it could power a barn where I have no power. Just trying get more info.

Greeper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Bump...DC ports can be attached together, or to additional batteries, but not recommended to plug one into the other's AC outlet.

Top Bottom