• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    I believe sportsmans guide had kits that included everything except the lower and those pesky little parts that make them full auto. colt barrel all and all was included in them for around 600 iirc. All the parts were used.
    edit: May have been the A2 and not A1

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    There are untold little parts at the gunshows. I have one set up as a Colt 602, even earlier than that one. Three prong flash, thin barrel, triangle guards, no forward assist or brass deflector. It is on a pretty modern lower, but if I can find an older one like the EA I used to have, it'll be on there. May even make one of my 80%'s into a 602 forgery. Big boy lego, man.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Nodak spud makes a good retro lower. Id go that route and pick up a surplus A1 upper at a show. They were pretty plentiful until just recently. I haven't seen the guy who had a ton of them at the last couple of shows but I'm sure some more will turn up.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nodak spud makes a good retro lower. Id go that route and pick up a surplus A1 upper at a show. They were pretty plentiful until just recently. I haven't seen the guy who had a ton of them at the last couple of shows but I'm sure some more will turn up.

That's what I'm hoping to do. Really wont find a matching lower - I like the idea that some guy will "make it look used" for an extra 10 bucks. :laugh:

Here's mine from SARCO some years back (I think) marked C H so it was Colt. Never mind the scope mount - that just don't belong.
    picture.php

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My brother-in-law's PoPo department has 2-3 Vietnam era M-16 rifles... They came to him all greased up for preservation. Those goofy looking old triangular handguards are - goofy looking. :D

Top Bottom