• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Sounds like there is increasing precedent in the courts to support carry laws. Will be great to see IL finally have to recognize 2A for what it is. Maybe bans in malls will eventually get more scrutiny as well.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I didn't want to muddy up the other thread with speculation.

My first reaction was "Woohoo!"

My second reaction was, "Wonder if there's anything in the court decision that can be taken to the IN legislature to strike down the current carry laws and bring about Constitutional carry right here at home?"

I need to read the court decision, but I'd be happy to hear thoughts on that.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I don't always agree with the good professor on everything but you are right... he certainly is a good guy and I am glad he is mostly on our side in the important things.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Since this decision seems to acknowledge the right to carry outside the home, even chiding the 2nd Circuits' recent upholding of NY's BS law, I wonder what effect this will have on the 'may issue' States, like CA, NY, etc.?

RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    Id like to say that there maybe any number of things that we dont agree with other members in lock-step............but who would want to agree with eveyone here about everything. It make Ingunowners a place where we can exchange ideas

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I don't always agree with the good professor on everything but you are right... he certainly is a good guy and I am glad he is mostly on our side in the important things.

Him and I have a perpetual disagreement about the utility of high capacity magazines for self defense. I have assured him that I will show him personally if I can get him on the range sometime, and as far as I know, he intends to take me up on my offer. It almost happened this spring; but he's too tied up.

We also disagreed on a prominent 1st amendment case (can't remember which one) which was ultimately decided by the Supreme Court in my favor.

I guess that makes me 1 for 1 (not counting the first issue, since it can't be an "at bat" until he actually sees the evidence for himself).

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    My second reaction was, "Wonder if there's anything in the court decision that can be taken to the IN legislature to strike down the current carry laws and bring about Constitutional carry right here at home?"

My first reaction was "little to no possible effect on IN." :)

But, I'm wondering if there might be language that would serve to politically provide a basis for tweaking the prohibition about carrying at school. There may be some comments that support that, if a licensing scheme is in effect, it should be broad.

Nothing legally binding (its called "dicta" in lawyer-speak), but might be worth exploring.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    T. Lex this decision could be a very important stepping stone for the folks in MD. I believe there is at least one case challenging MD's CC law. It would be interesting to see if the court in the MD case uses the 7th's decision in their decision......

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Id like to say that there maybe any number of things that we dont agree with other members in lock-step............but who would want to agree with eveyone here about everything. It make Ingunowners a place where we can exchange ideas

I've been married for 38 years and I certainly don't agree with my wife on everything. Of course, sometimes I don't get around to actually telling her that. :D

Top Bottom