• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Today my mother and I went to visit my Great Aunt. She is 91, lives alone, and does ok for her age. When we pulled in the driveway I was stunned to see the neighbors had live chickens just running around in the yard. I commented to my mother and she told me the neighbors wanted to build a chicken coop on my GREAT AUNTS PROPERTY. Of course she said no but what nerve! I would invite them over for some fried chicken and when they asked where I got it I would tell them one of their chickens wandered on my property. Bet that would solve the problem.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    the chickens are excellent insect control they will eat all of the fleas ticks and termites they can find. If the neighbors keep her in fresh eggs I would say it's just fine. Your great aunt is 91 maybe at her age how she treats others is more important than animals acting like animals. I've let things slide that at 17 would have meant a fist fight and I imagine we all have.:twocents:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Today my mother and I went to visit my Great Aunt. She is 91, lives alone, and does ok for her age. When we pulled in the driveway I was stunned to see the neighbors had live chickens just running around in the yard. I commented to my mother and she told me the neighbors wanted to build a chicken coop on my GREAT AUNTS PROPERTY. Of course she said no but what nerve! I would invite them over for some fried chicken and when they asked where I got it I would tell them one of their chickens wandered on my property. Bet that would solve the problem.

Ahhh...

Squatters...

Eat there chickens...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    the chickens are excellent insect control they will eat all of the fleas ticks and termites they can find. If the neighbors keep her in fresh eggs I would say it's just fine. Your great aunt is 91 maybe at her age how she treats others is more important than animals acting like animals. I've let things slide that at 17 would have meant a fist fight and I imagine we all have.:twocents:

Did you just imply that Dear Great Auntie was a ***** for denying their request?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

Eggs or no eggs that is her property. However, if a person is close to the neighbors and a fair deal can be worked out then I could see something like that working.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I am glad to see you taking your Aunt's interest at heart. :yesway: Good for you. Her neighbors are probably taking advantage of her and her age and her living alone. They also figure if they could build the coop on her property, that could possibly be a foot in the door to get that much of her property. Some people will try anything. Just keep a close eye on her and don't let the neighbors take advantage of her but I would not make a big deal out of it since she does live alone and they did not build the coop.
    :twocents:

Top Bottom