• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Some updates to my Saiga AK 7.62 (yay for co-witness)

Just thought I'd share some updates I've done to my Saiga AK conversion. Let me just say that subtle changes can make a big difference.

I originally had the Saiga specific Midwest Industries hand guard/rail system on my AK. I didn't hate the setup, but I definitely wasn't in love with it. The Saiga specific model is slightly longer than a standard AK version and didn't have any type of piece that closed off the end (i.e. upper or bottom retainer.). Where the rail ended was literally just a hole, for about 1.5 inches anyways and then there was an enclosing so you couldn't see all the way to the receiver. Needless to say, that little quip about the Saiga specific version bugged me, so I ponied up for a standard AK gas tube, bottom retainer, and a standard AK MI hand guard/Rail. I think it looks a lot more refined now. Not having the gas tube heat shield now also helps.

While I was at it, I also added a Kalinka PK-01V v3.0 optics mount and a Primary Arms M3 red dot. Yea, it isn't top of the line stuff, but it's solid and I got a co-witness without putting something on the gas tube! :rockwoot:

Before Pictures:
    S8.png

folder1.png

folder2.png

AFTER PICTURES:

UP2.png

UP3.png

UP4.png

UP1.png

Yea, no questions or problems here.... just sharing. ;)

Last edited:

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Looking good Jag! Mine is running like a champ since I converted it. I couldn't be happier. How's yours doing?

Edit:

Crap. I just saw the sentence after the last pic.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Runs just like a Kalashnikov should. No complaints. :D

Just wish I had more opportunities to go shooting.

Still need to find a place to get the barrel threaded. Just looks naked the way it is right now. Some of the Saigas were factory threaded and just covered with the front sight shroud... but mine is missing 1 one the 4 indicators for it.

Top Bottom