• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    I am in need of a knife. As I know many INGOers make their own knives, maybe one of you can help me out. I want a knife that goes around my upper arm that I can run with. I want it to be light enough that it doesn't bother me, but strong enough it will take a beating. The straps need to be able to function with the contractions of my arm. The straps also need to be comfortable enough that they can be sweated on and rubbbed against and not annoy me. The knife needs to be able to function as a tool and for protection. It needs to be strong. I want to be able to pull the knife down to get it out of the sheath. The entire thing needs to be functional, fits within the shoulder to above the elbow. I don't want a huge thing that engulfs my arm, but I don't want it to look sissyish.
    It needs to be rugged and look cool, because fashion is the most important thing. It also needs to be Marine proof (make jokes as you feel needed). Please PM me or post on here if you have any ideas and how much that would cost.
    Thanks, and if I missed some aspect, please let me know.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    sounds to me more like a SHEATH requirement than building a whole knife around it. just about any skeleton knife or neck knife will probly work. if it is for defense, though, i would look at a more CENTERLINE placement for a blade than to the far edges of your body, on your arms.

i would find a knife that you LIKE and then have a sheath made to work the way you want it to.

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    sounds to me more like a SHEATH requirement than building a whole knife around it. just about any skeleton knife or neck knife will probly work. if it is for defense, though, i would look at a more CENTERLINE placement for a blade than to the far edges of your body, on your arms.

i would find a knife that you LIKE and then have a sheath made to work the way you want it to.

It is more of a sheath requirement, but its the weight of the knife. While running i need the knife to keep from bouncing. my arm seems like a good place for it. While running, my arms are never to far from eachother, but you raise a good point

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Take a look at this for a point of reference. I'm not suggesting this knife for your criteria but for ideas you're looking for:

Brave Heart : Boot and Neck Knives (Fixed Blade)

The sheath is such that you can remove the clip and put straps through the eyes on the side of the sheath to put it on your arm. Also, the handle is such that the profile of the entire knife is kept very flat and it's very light.

Again this specific knife doesn't fit your criteria of use as a "tool" - it's a very light use knife. It just sounds like this is what you're looking for - only bigger, with maybe a different profile. Flat, thin and wide is great for carry on the upper arm. I happen to carry this particular knife on the front left strap of my 3 day pack.

Top Bottom