• Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Disclaimer: I was not there, so the following is second hand.

It was a vendor. Around 8:35-8:40am. Apparently he was putting a zip tie on a loaded 12 ga pump when it discharged and hit a table. All injuries were minor and were as a result of ricochet. Since it was before the show opened, it was all vendors. Everyone that was injured refused medical treatment. Obviously, the vendor responsible was thrown out of the show permanently.
    At this point, the rest of the vendors are waiting for the show to start. The fair board said not to open at 9am, and then decided around 10am that they would not allow the show to open at all today.

Many people upset about that decision. Customers and vendors, including the ones who were injured, wanted the show to go on. The fair board was supposedly worried about negative publicity.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    That is too bad. Sounds like the fair board is trying to please the county commisioners and stay out of the news spotlight.

nrar15

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Attica
    Very unfortunate for the gun community. I set up at shows for years and can’t remember a so called AD by anyone but a person set up at the shows. How hard is it to practice safe gun handling by removing the magazine and checking the chamber to make sure it’s empty before ever put a firearm in the vehicle to head to a show , range Eve. We are sometimes our own worst enemy. Everone have a blessed day stay safe and shoot often.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Thanks for the update Brian.
    I assume, unless they are under contract, the fairgrounds will no longer want to play host for this.

Top Bottom