• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I would say something like I would be there today but I worked all night and it's a two and a half hour drive plus I have to work another 12 hour shift tonight. So I'll have to pass this time but then again I seem to remember reading something about ground rules and this type of comment isn't allowed.

So have a good time and hopefully I will make it next week! Looks like the weather may be nice, whoops... can't mention that either!

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I would say something like I would be there today but I worked all night and it's a two and a half hour drive plus I have to work another 12 hour shift tonight. So I'll have to pass this time but then again I seem to remember reading something about ground rules and this type of comment isn't allowed.

So have a good time and hopefully I will make it next week! Looks like the weather may be nice, whoops... can't mention that either!
    You sure you aren't just trying out that bucks windpipe idea?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Thank you for the scores G. Really nice day today. Overall I am pretty happy considering I was shooting a new gun, completely missed the first shot out of the holster on the first stage, missed a steel and had to come back and clear 3 ammo related misfeeds. Good match to knock the winter rust off. Doesn't sound like much but I am not the fastest shooter to start.

But I got beat by Burl. He must have spent this winter watching Yeager videos. :laugh:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... Doesn't sound like much but I am not the fastest shooter to start.

But I got beat by Burl...

You beat yourself, I didn't. You'll get quicker and that pretty gun will get broken in.

Thanks a lot guys! Great match, fast scores, what more could one ask for?

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    How did the bobbed grip feel when running the gun?

Not bad at all. I replaced the factory grips with something thinner. My hands are small enough I really don't notice the difference in the roundbutt grip. The biggest difference is the scandium frame. 45acp in a 29oz gun makes for a bit of a handful. Overall the gun recoils straight up and falls back on target in a more controllable fashion then the Glock 23 it is going to replace.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I really don't notice the difference in the roundbutt grip. The biggest difference is the scandium frame. 45acp in a 29oz gun makes for a bit of a handful...

Hence the reason why USPSA has a maximum weight rule for SS. More weight = more control.

Were you shooting power factor loads or factory?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    200 grain LSWC reloads. The load should easily make major. The recoil is slightly less then factory loads. But who knows anymore since there seem to be a lot of light factory loads running around.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    200 grain LSWC reloads. The load should easily make major. The recoil is slightly less then factory loads. But who knows anymore since there seem to be a lot of light factory loads running around.
    Lead smokes
    Get the hi tek polymer 200gr swc from SnS Casting, that is what I am shooting in the video with 4.3 grains of clays

Top Bottom