• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    while working on a develpment team I worked on fract rigs, When I was there they were Fract rigs as in fracturing riggs, Big 40 ft low boy trailers with 2 900 Hp engines with 2 transmissions connecter to a big pump and had a 5.9 diesel on the trailer just for starting the big engines, the small engine ran air pressure, oil pressure and everything up and the big engines didn't start until they had 30lbs of oil pressure, then they would chain 8-16 rigs together and pump concrete and then after the Fract they would pump slurry down the wells to push the oil to the surface,

big operation, scary stuff happened when something broke,

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    out where we were fracting the wells there was NO water and I know that things are deep and some of that runs together somewhere in the world but we were over a hundred miles from the nearest town and there had been geo surveys by the dozen

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    out where we were fracting the wells there was NO water and I know that things are deep and some of that runs together somewhere in the world but we were over a hundred miles from the nearest town and there had been geo surveys by the dozen

When I was hauling the water in and out of oil fields most of the wells were within a mile of a house. They had water wells out there but never reported any problems.

Natural gas wells are down around 8,000 ft water wells are max 300'. If the fracking water could reach a drinking water supply so would the oil and gas.

Top Bottom