• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Recently picked up HK SP5K. Would like to have 3-Lug Barrel installed. From what little info is out there, this isn't a simple job. Any recommendations on gunsmiths for this, especially around Southern Indiana?

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Thank You all for responses, will call MM tomorrow for pricing. Also talking with INGO gunsmith about his interest in this endeavor.

Will also call Mr Dyer, my google foo came thru on that one.

Will do range review soon....hopefully....stupid job....

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    IGF investment grade firearms is another choice to look into..... back logged a bit right now with the election He's doing a hk53k build for me right now he also does barrel swaps and short barrel conversions.... I can also Vounce for Micheal Machines work!

Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    Also Jeff Walters, on HKpro, goes by ghilliebear2000. Jeff has done two HK's for me, a rebarrel on a C93 pistol, now a HK53 clone and rebuilt a C93 rifle. Both are very reliable, eat any ammo run thru them.
    Contact info:

Email Ghilliebear2000@yahoo.com
    Phone call 9-5 m-f 918-781-3939 phone is preferred.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Also Jeff Walters, on HKpro, goes by ghilliebear2000. Jeff has done two HK's for me, a rebarrel on a C93 pistol, now a HK53 clone and rebuilt a C93 rifle. Both are very reliable, eat any ammo run thru them.
    Contact info:

heard good things about ghillie bear but how's his turn around.... got a vector that needs a barrel reinstalled.... (trunnion is already installed)

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Contact info:

Just called, they want nothing to do with it, something about to high of a potential to destroy the trunnion. Thinking I'm better off sticking with 9mm SBR AR that already has 3-lug mount, & leaving well enough alone on SP5K.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Nothin cheap about working on the MP variants.................. It's to the point you buy the real HK to sit on as is and appreciate or you buy a Zenith, Dakota or Bretheran the way you want and shoot the snot out of it!

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Based on my short time with this type firearm, I'd say dang great advice!
    cant afford anything HK myself im more of a clone fan myself ... for the price of one HK mp5 i got got two hk53 kits and a G3 kit .... shame on the barrel work.... personally i dont think it would be that difficult to remove the barrel and reinstall one (i have to install my hk53's barrel which the trunnion is already welding in) i just planned to support the trunnion and use a long brass guide/rod through the receiver shell .... but mines a far less expensive Vector receiver i could understand the hesitation on a real HK receiver

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Mike at TSC is who I would recommend for a barrel change. I have changed a couple of HK barrels myself and realized that is something I would rather pay for. I had a SP89 done by Curtis Higgins with the welded on 3 lug and it was great. On my next SP89 conversion I acquired a "correct" 3 lug barrel and sent to Mike with another SP89 to make into a MP5k-n. Its awsome. At the same time I had a HK93 converted to a HK53 with a Hk53 kit. He is worth the wait. Also Terry would be great. I have experience with another mentioned in this thread but would not spend money with him if I had to. BTDT.

attachment.php

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Mike at TSC is who I would recommend for a barrel change. I have changed a couple of HK barrels myself and realized that is something I would rather pay for. I had a SP89 done by Curtis Higgins with the welded on 3 lug and it was great. On my next SP89 conversion I acquired a "correct" 3 lug barrel and sent to Mike with another SP89 to make into a MP5k-n. Its awsome. At the same time I had a HK93 converted to a HK53 with a Hk53 kit. He is worth the wait. Also Terry would be great. I have experience with another mentioned in this thread but would not spend money with him if I had to. BTDT.

Two very beautiful ladies you have there! I'm really wondering who you had issues with ..... i have a few extra kits i may send off when things slow down a bit ( the G-3 i still plan on building myself however i still have a another 53 kit that i believe really should be sent off and professionally built) ... however i do plan on picking up a mp5 kit or clone gun sometime in the near future.... so i'm interested in why or what happened.... if you dont mind sharing

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Just sent Upper off for 3-Lug Barrel & paddle mag release. Sent to Michael's Machines. Really thought hard about just selling it, but have loved the MP5 for as long as I've loved Guns, so what the heck, off she goes. Now gotta get SBR paperwork submitted.

Top Bottom