• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

”I’m excited about it. And also can’t wait to see my Republican conference show their cards and show who we are. Because voters deserve it,” Greene said.

“We have a Speaker Mike Johnson that we all — by the way, I elected him. I voted for that man,” Greene said. “It wasn’t a choice of America. It was a choice within our Republican Conference.”

“So I entered a motion to vacate, but I didn’t call it for a vote. I was controlled. I was responsible,” she added. “I was being conscious and caring about my conference and our majority. It was a warning to stop serving the Democrats and support our Republican Conference and support our agenda. And he didn’t do it.”

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What exactly should he do to get a good grade? (Not great, just good.)
    'What exactly should he [have done] ...'

He should have refused to bring Ukraine aid to the floor without a meaningful bill on the border (which means a bill that originated with the republicans). He also should have marked up Israel aid and Taiwan aid as stand alone bills so that those who would only support those allies as part of the Ukraine grift could not hide

If that meant that his own RINOs turned on him with a motion to vacate, there would be a reckoning for them also - and unless they wanted to support a democrat speaker they would still need the freedom caucus in order to elect anyone from their own side of the aisle

At this point, if I was from the proper district in Louisiana, I would seriously consider voting for an independent over him, or a democrat if none was available. Betrayal should come with consequences attached

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    'What exactly should he [have done] ...'

He should have refused to bring Ukraine aid to the floor without a meaningful bill on the border (which means a bill that originated with the republicans). He also should have marked up Israel aid and Taiwan aid as stand alone bills so that those who would only support those allies as part of the Ukraine grift could not hide

If that meant that his own RINOs turned on him with a motion to vacate, there would be a reckoning for them also - and unless they wanted to support a democrat speaker they would still need the freedom caucus in order to elect anyone from their own side of the aisle

At this point, if I was from the proper district in Louisiana, I would seriously consider voting for an independent over him, or a democrat if none was available. Betrayal should come with consequences attached
    Yep, he has proven dad‘s reservations correct…

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I posted this on X, and I meant it.

"Explain to me why (Johnson shouldn't be vacated)? What would any communist do that Johnson has not already done?

Further bankrupt the nation. Check.

Enable a STASI surveillance state. Check.

Fail to secure our borders from invasion. Check.

Tell me again why I'm supposed to vote for Republicans?"

In all seriousness I had hopes for the man. Those hopes have proven to be entirely false. He is no better than McCarthy, possibly worse. The rollover on the FISA section 702 bill was undoubtedly the final act of betrayal I could tolerate.

Evict him from the speaker's role, and then spend the rest of the year without a speaker. We cannot afford for Congress to continue to bend over the American people.

Top Bottom