• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Where is best to apply for student loans? My daughter starts at IU next month and I can't front the money for tuition.
    Don't do it.

She can start at a community college and get her basic classes knocked out first before moving to IU. Or she can take a semester off work to pile up enough to help cover tuition.

There are other options besides student loans.

Watch this with her.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Don't do it.

She can start at a community college and get her basic classes knocked out first before moving to IU. Or she can take a semester off work to pile up enough to help cover tuition.

There are other options besides student loans.

Watch this with her.

Too late for that. But I appreciate the recommendation.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    When I went to school, all my loans were through the government I thought. I know I had to fill out the FAFSA form every year by a certain date and based on that they would offer me different loan options. That was 15 years ago though, not sure if it is still the same, or if there were other options available.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Nobody with a decent job or a without a dozen kids, who is honest on the FAFSA qualifies for that.
    And I believe from past info on this (not sure if still current) the student needed to enroll much earlier than about to be going to college age.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Can't speak to the "decent job" part (I really like most of my job), since I work for local government, but we only had 4 kids, and the first 3 all qualified.
    Yes, unless things have changed dramatically, there are different types of loans and it is hard to qualify for the no interest loans, not hard at all for lower interest loans.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    My suggestion for next semester, is to look into education grants. These are for various things. My sister managed to get through a bachelor's and law school with very minimal loans.

https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/learn-grants/grants-101.html

I unfortunately don't know how to find them, as I got my work to pay for my college education. I can check with her though to see how she did it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Top Bottom