• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Anybody watching them? They had one that was don't be a victim, pratical tactical and now conceal carry. Interesting. Not sure how true and real they acutally are.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    ive been watching them the last couple of weeks. I like the "What if" "Because Lives Depend on it" and "Practical tactical" shows, the "Conceal Carry School" is pretty damn annoying IMO...just a bunch of crying crap, I couldn't handle it. I haven't seen what I would call "bad" advice on any of the episodes ive seen before. It seems to me the shows do a good job of showing different methods/modes of self defense and do a decent job of highlighting the good and bad aspects of each.
    Plus it's always fun to watch real shooting on TV.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Just watched "Conceal Carry" for the first time. It can be hard to remember how stressful learning to use a gun is for someone who has never messed with them before. Especially for men, who seem to feel that they should automatically know how to do so... performing poorly can make them feel like they are somehow dropping testicles on the range.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    It was interesting. First time I've seen any of them. Since I"m not down at the hospital now. It's kinda weird watching tv now.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I was watching them today. I'm glad they have things like this on TV. Now, people who don't carry can see that we aren't all a bunch of untrained madmen...and women! :D

Old Greg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    I think the shows on Spike are pretty decent. They are good for a variety of people from new shooters, to people who are unfamiliar with firearms and the seasoned shooter.

dljx3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    I dunno. Seems to me they are mixing reality TV with shooting. Maybe that means shooting is truly mainstream now.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    The first concealed carry the wife and I watched and got some good pointers from and it made her think as it was from two ladies points of view. The rest have not made as much of a positive impression. I scan practical tactical each week as I record it, not something I wait for on pins and needles. Has its moments but not from start to finish great show. I don't know how to describe what it is I actually would prefer to watch, but it ain't on currently.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Watched the shows for the first time yesterday because I was curious and also wanted to catch IndyGunSafety's new commercial.

My impression is that the shows jump around from one thing to another too much, and they are basically intended to just scare people into buying more guns. They would be better if more time was spent on the practical things; there were some good segments on how to clear a room, etc., but too much time was spent on the sensationalism of the crimes. Plenty of other shows do that; don't need any more. IMHO, there's a difference between being aware / prepared and being paranoid, and these shows just feed the paranoia.

Did like IndyGunSafety's commercial. I thought it did a good job of presenting what Randy does in a manner that will appeal to a wider audience.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I record 3 of the 4. Practical Tactical gets skipped. The others are enjoyable, even though Conceal and Carry school is pretty much an infomercial for Ruger. What if and When Lives Depend It are both pretty informative. It's nice to see real shooting oriented shows on TV, particularly when presented from the self defense point of view.

Top Bottom