• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Is this upgrade worth it? I'm ordering parts for a build - I want a single stage trigger, don't really care about lightening the pully weight, I just want it to be smooth. Thoughts?

ewoodworth1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    ne indianapolis
    i have just installed my first one in my spikes lower. worth every penny. it is a vast improvement over a standard trigger, like the rra ones that have been in my previous 3.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Take what I say with a grain of salt because I am not a major league door kicker. I am a certified regular guy who has shot several home built AR-15s and several "from the factory" assembled AR-15s. In all but one of those builds, the trigger was rarely something I even noticed enough to change because all of them were fine from all builds. Is your mission for this trigger going to be precision shooting or zombie gun? If precision, it may be beneficial to go to the Spikes but there are much better triggers out there for precision. If for zombies, I'd just leave it as is unless your specific rifle has a lot of slop, play or just don't feel indescribably 'right.' Hope this helps!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    YES! YES! YES! buy it! you will never wanna go back.

I'm not sure quite what you're saying. Are you saying I should buy the shampoo, or the trigger?

Or are you saying the trigger will give me an orgasm? Or are you saying it will give my wife an orgasm?

You have to spell out these technical details.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm not sure quite what you're saying. Are you saying I should buy the shampoo, or the trigger?

Or are you saying the trigger will give me an orgasm? Or are you saying it will give my wife an orgasm?

You have to spell out these technical details.

buy the trigger and the shampoo. the trigger is so smooth you will feel dirty after you use it and need a shower with the shampoo :D

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Just for the record, have any of you who are recommending it ever shot a Geissele trigger?

Just wondering what your frame of reference for "Good" is.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Just for the record, have any of you who are recommending it ever shot a Geissele trigger?

Just wondering what your frame of reference for "Good" is.

Nope. But I've put together several of the other LPKs and had varying degrees of feel of the trigger from horrible to ok. The STE out of the box felt better than my RRA which has had several thousand rounds of fire and dry fire through it and is the smoothest of the single stage I own other than the STE which is night and day difference better. I felt it was good money spent since it was part of a high quality LPK.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Nope. But I've put together several of the other LPKs and had varying degrees of feel of the trigger from horrible to ok. The STE out of the box felt better than my RRA which has had several thousand rounds of fire and dry fire through it and is the smoothest of the single stage I own other than the STE which is night and day difference better. I felt it was good money spent since it was part of a high quality LPK.

Huh. thats a pretty good testimonial IMO, I might have to order one up.

racr28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    Vincennes, IN
    Take what I say with a grain of salt because I am not a major league door kicker. I am a certified regular guy who has shot several home built AR-15s and several "from the factory" assembled AR-15s. In all but one of those builds, the trigger was rarely something I even noticed enough to change because all of them were fine from all builds. Is your mission for this trigger going to be precision shooting or zombie gun? If precision, it may be beneficial to go to the Spikes but there are much better triggers out there for precision. If for zombies, I'd just leave it as is unless your specific rifle has a lot of slop, play or just don't feel indescribably 'right.' Hope this helps!

This is good advice. The Spikes trigger is better than the stock trigger but it not a great trigger. There are some very good triggers out there; but unless your target shooting, they are probably not necessary. If I was upgrading my trigger, I would look at other options.

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    I havent used the Spikes ELPK ,but have shot my buddy's AR enough to know Im putting one in my next build ! Just wish they would get some back in stock.

Top Bottom