• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I shot sporting clays for the first time. Shot at Old Trails in Richmond. They shoot the first Saturday of the month and start shooting at 8:00.

I shot a 23 out of 50 and they told me that is very good for a first timer.

Anyone else shoot Sporting Clays?

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    I try to shoot twice a week. Usually at Indiana gun club, five points conservation club, or at the camp Atterbury shooting range. 23 out of 50 is good for the first time. I have been getting better each week I average 22 out of 25. I started last fall

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Sporting clays is a fun way to spend an afternoon, and generally in country club like environments. I really like it.
    When I first started, I fell into the trap of carrying four or five kinds of shells and 8 or ten chokes to set up the gun for each different presentation. Now I just use a modified in the top barrel and an improved cylinder in the bottom, and a 3 dram load of #8 shot in my shell bag. Taking the focus off the gun and working on my timing and lead distances helped my game more than all the mechanical enhancements.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I use to shoot sporting clays alot more years ago, but Sporting clay places are hard to come by anymore. I think there is one in the nothern half of the state, and apperently Richmond, but that is all I know. I wish that Atterbury would get a Sporting clay range as they already have a Trap and Skeet range.

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    I use to shoot sporting clays alot more years ago, but Sporting clay places are hard to come by anymore. I think there is one in the nothern half of the state, and apperently Richmond, but that is all I know. I wish that Atterbury would get a Sporting clay range as they already have a Trap and Skeet range.
    there are sporting clays at the Indiana Gun Club $36 for 100 check their web site

Willob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    I think they shoot sporting clays each month at the Coonhunter's Club in Batesville. I have not made a shoot there yet, but plan on making one this year.

zinx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Castleton
    There are quite a few places to shoot sporting in Indiana

Back 40 Sporting Clays, Bourbon, IN
    Clear Creek Sporting Clays, Danville, IN
    Indian Creek Shooting Center, Georgetown, IN
    Indiana Gun Club, Fortville, IN
    Izaak Walton League, Kokomo, IN
    Kosco Conservation Club , Warsaw, IN
    Linden Conservation Club, Romney, IN
    Terre Haute Sporting Clays, West Terre Haute, IN
    Tri-County Coonhunters, Batesville, IN
    Triple H Gun Club, Linton, IN

I shoot Coonhunters every month, and I live pretty close to IGC, so I shoot there a bit. There are only a few on that list I haven't shot yet, but most of those places are pretty fun to shoot.

zinx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Castleton
    I think they shoot sporting clays each month at the Coonhunter's Club in Batesville. I have not made a shoot there yet, but plan on making one this year.

Coonhunters throws some great birds (and rabbits). The past couple months they have had a rabbit that goes through a loop-de-loop. Tons of fun.

GlockRiver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    The Zone
    The Back Forty in Bourbon, In is a great place and has super friendly folks. Check it out if you live in the northern half of the state. :yesway:

citrigin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    The five stand at Linden is good and keeps getting better with the addition of new machines all the time. Membership is only $75/family/year, and each round is $5. You should check them out at lindencc.org

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Maybe I'm missing it, but were on there property do they do the Sporitng clays? From Google Earth, it looks like all Trap/Skeet ranges?
    the SC range starts about the third parking lot to the right (the third station is the white square north of that lot), and follows the gravel trail south into the woods. its an AWESOME facility, and the pro there that sets up the stations does an AMAZING job of diversity. Rabbits, crosses, overhead from behind, and even one that pops over the tree line and lands at your feet if you miss.
    https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.953985,-85.895811&spn=0.004092,0.008256&t=f&z=18&ecpose=39.94990007,-85.89582039,709.08,0.105,44.996,0&lci=com.panoramio.all

Top Bottom