• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Zero Tolerance is tough to beat for the money. Right now a personal favorite of mine is my Benchmade 581 Barrage in M390. The Osborne designed stuff is sweet.

Erich

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    High Desert of New Mexico
    Hmm. We're talking about spring-assisted knives that don't freak people out, right?

I really like the Kershaws - the Packrat design works very well for me and I usually have one with me as an everyday utility blade. Never been in love with the liner locks, though.

9apr11002.jpg

I've got (just for fun) a Chive, too, but the thing is really too small for me to actually use. It's nice as a "gentleman's knife" for those times when I'm dressed fancy.

photobucket-54242-1342800148933.jpg

That said, I recently bought a Benchmade Barrage and the axis lock has me so much happier with it for a hard-use knife. Probably my favorite spring-assisted design, as a Southpaw, since it's totally ambi and really tough.

photobucket-26369-1349308625255.jpg

jjohnisme

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I was under the impression that spring-assisted-opening knives are illegal to possess... Can one of you knife gurus verify this? Friend of mine owns a knife that, with the push of a button, the blade pops open 3/4 of the way (but does not lock).

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I was under the impression that spring-assisted-opening knives are illegal to possess... Can one of you knife gurus verify this? Friend of mine owns a knife that, with the push of a button, the blade pops open 3/4 of the way (but does not lock).

IC 35-47-5-2
    Knife with blade that opens automatically or may be propelled
    Sec. 2. It is a Class B misdemeanor for a person to manufacture, possess, display, offer, sell, lend, give away, or purchase any knife with a blade that:
    (1) opens automatically; or
    (2) may be propelled;
    by hand pressure applied to a button, device containing gas, spring, or other device in the handle of the knife.

The key is "opens automatically." If you have to start the action of the opening by pressing on a flipper, knob, etc. then it's legal in Indiana. My ZT opens very quickly but I have to actually push part of the blade to get it started.

Top Bottom