• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    Well it's that time of the year for spring fishing. Getting the boat out of storage 2nd week of march and ready for the season. Just wanted to know what are your favorite lakes for spring fishing? I normally head to Hamilton Lake for early crappie and Snow Lake for perch.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I will be hitting some of the pits in Greene-Sullivan state forest with my 12' stump jumper looking for monster red ear or bluegill. Man those things taste good along with a side of fried morels and washed down with Guiness Draught. Good luck.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    il be going to monroe with my dad sometime soon...going for wipers (hybrid wite and striped bass)...but for gills il be making my way to sweetwater as soon as possible....mmmmm bluegill....

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I will be hitting some of the pits in Greene-Sullivan state forest with my 12' stump jumper looking for monster red ear or bluegill. Man those things taste good along with a side of fried morels and washed down with Guiness Draught. Good luck.

mmmm..blue gill and MORELS..now your talkin:ingo:

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Really itching to get out to Bass Lake in Sullivan County. Seen pics of a 47" muskie that got caught out of there a couple weeks ago. Other than that I mainly fish Sullivan Lake and do ok as far as the crappie go. Would like to hit Monroe for the wipers. Also can't wait for Good Friday as I'll be at Kentucky Lake.

tobi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    I have recently moved back to central Indiana. My Dad & I used to come to Monroe fishing (from Ohio) 40 years ago and I can rememeber catching big bluegill. Is it still a good blue gill lake? If so, what time of year? (If I rember right we came in mid May). If not, are there any other lakes you would recommend for spring fishing?

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    Headed down to ReelFoot lake on March 5th. They are saying that with the warm winter that the crappie are being caught now in 3 to 4 foot of water. Should be prime. Then back home to fishing in Sullivan lake

Top Bottom