• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sigsoldier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Bloomington
    I just recently purchased my first 1911 (love it btw). It is a Springfield Loaded and I wanted to buy some different magazines. I was looking at the Wilson Combat 47D's and was wondering if it would be compatible? Thanks!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Yes they are compatible. Full-size mags are compatible in Government and Champion(Commander). Springfield compacts(Officer) use 6rd mags. I used Chip McCormick, Wilson, ProMag, Mec-Gar, etc. in my Springfield.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    They vary from gun to gun. I would just purchase 1 each of the ones that you are interested in and try them out. See how your gun likes them.

I loved Mec-Gar mags and carried them in all my 1911s. Then I picked up my Springfield TRP. Mec-Gars are great mags and that is a great gun but, they did not get along. They would not even lock in. I tried a couple different mags with that and I use Wilson ETMs with it.

But, some of the ETMs would not lock the slide to the rear of a few of my 1911s. Had to play around with them and get them to work. 1911s are not like Glocks or other mass produced handguns. They are all different and so are their parts. Whichever magazine you decide, make sure to function test each magazine with each 1911 to make sure that they work properly together.

Top Bottom