• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Bremen, IN
    Thanks to the voting pole on INGO, the people spoke and I bought a SOCOM 16 with a green stock. The rifle came with only one ten round mag. I think it should have at least had one twenty round mag as well and maybe a sling. I don't think that would be to much to ask for a $1500 rifle.

The fit and finish of the rifle was good. I bought some old military mags and also some aftermarket ones too. They all fit and came out of the mag well fine with no problems.

I fired the SOCOM for the first time today to see how she shoots. I shot forty founds of surplus ammo. Only one malfunction, a light primer hit. I don't think it was a rifle issue, more likely it was the ammo. I then shot twenty rounds of cheap Bear Russian ammo. It fed and worked fine with no problems.

The rifle seemed to shoot straight, but the sights were way off from the factory and needed adjusting. I will have to take it back to the 100 yard mark and get it zeroed in better on another day.

I was impressed with how low the recoil was for a .308. It was very easy to control. But it's a boomer, there's a loud report*** its awesome to hear.

Over all I am pleased with the SOCOM 16. I am looking forward to getting it dialed in. I would recommend this rifle to anyone who is interested...

Top Bottom