• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I don't own a XD in 9mm, but I purchased a XD compact .45ACP last year, and it's my EDC gun. Great pistols. My son was going to purchase a G19, until he shot my XD. Now he has a XD 45ACP compact as his EDC gun. Well built guns. Springfield's lifetime service warranty.

FrogLube

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    I have a XD9sc. Great firearm. I've run about 500 rounds through it without any problems at all.

Let me help you little.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4452107

I bought the SC earlier this year and have put about 3000 rds down range without problem. I love it because unlike other subs, it actually feels like you are well armed even though it's a 9. I carry the short mag and use the extended for spare. Every range I've been to or class I've taught people want to shoot it. Highly recommend for the price and performance. It will also fit all you other XD gear even though I don't use the holster that comes with.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The XD9 and XDM9 are are top tier pistols. You won't find higher quality 'tupperware'.

Personal preference may dictate some people choose a gLock. On a daily basis I leave my G17 and XDM9 in the safe and favor my XD9.

phred

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Columbus
    I have a 9mm 4.5" XDm and Love it. I like the ability to change the backstraps to fit my hand. I have installed a PRP trigger kit, extended mag release, ss guide rod. Now I'm looking for a XD or XDm 45 ACP.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    My XDm 9mm 4.5 comes into my FFL today!!! :rockwoot::rockwoot:

I've shot a couple Glocks, and an XDm, as well as an M&P, Ruger P89, M9, etc... and so far I like the XDm the absolute best!!! fits my massive paws well, and the trigger is far superior to an M&P, or a Glock IMHO.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    My EDC is an XD9sc 3". I practice with it and have many thousands of rounds downrange with it. It's a very competent semi auto, and I don't hesitate to recommend it to anyone, especially if it's to be an only firearm.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have a Glock but also love my XDm 9mm equally. It is a great shooter and I haven't had a single issue. For me it took a little getting used to the grip safety, but once you do it is fine. I don't think you'd be sorry with anything in this line...

XDm9mm.jpg

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I just received a brand new XDM9 4.5 for an early Christmas present from my girlfriend. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but it sure feel great in my hand, and looks like a very high quality piece.

Dave

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Have xd357 and xd45, thinking about another in SC. Beware bought the first one because it was good deal, then another and thinking aobut another again. To me better feel like a HK.

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I have had a 4" XD 9 for about a year now and love it. it is one gun that will not be sold. I dont think Ive ever had any type of malfunctional at all with mine

LongRangeBushy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Wabash County
    My Edc is a xd 9 sc with over 20,000 rounds. I own a 4" xd 9 with over 12,000 rounds and a xdm 9mm in 5 inch with over 5000 rounds. No issues with any of them . Enough Said

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Had several in my time, still claim ownership of an XD9 sub. Great guns, but I had some issues:
    1. Barrel throat VERY tight: Some ogives of component bullets will not seat right in chamber, requiring deeper seating/reduced powder charge. Same issue with my CZ.
    2. Striker retaining roll pin broke: Repeated dry firing proves to be an issue with these, as my roll pin snapped from dry firing (about 500 times). Replaced it with minimum hassle with improved one from SpringCo.

Some guys I have spoken with (though never seen it in any of my classes I have taken) claim to have seen the XDs run bad and fail, more so than other major polymer. Have yet to see that yet... :D Outside of that, excellent pistols, very ergonomic, but a touch wide, like my ex. Accurate enough, the mag finish is a bit funky looking but pretty resistant to corrosion.

Top Bottom