• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I like many other INGO members like Spyderco knives, I saw they posted their 2016 catalog that included many new models and wanted to share them so everyone can see how Spyderco is "bringing it" in 2016 to keep the line up fresh.

2016 Spyderco Product Guide (regular catalog)
    2016 Spyderco Product Guide (The Mantra is one of my favorites think a highly upgraded Delica, featuring an titanium framelock, flipper action and CMP M-4 blade steel)

2016 Spyderco Product Guide (The Nirvana a Peter Rassenti collaboration featuring an Integral one piece titanium frame and an S90V blade. )

2016 Spyderco Product Guide ( The Autonomy is Spydercos new auto rescue knife in bright orange G10)

http://catalog2016.spyderco.com/?BuildGuid=bce150d0-c1a2-4cec-98c6-a0c9e4a9b6a0 (The very cool sprint runs with many featuring the new HAP40 tool steel from Hitachi that will be heat treated to around 63-64HRC and hopefully provide fantastic cutting performance. )

Spyderco will also begin enforcing a MAP (Minimum Advertised Pricing) policy in 2016, that means dealers will have to sell Spyderco knives for no more than 40% off MSRP. This measure is meant to combat wholesalers on Amazon and the like selling Spyderco knives for less than what dealers can buy them directly from Spyderco. This will hopefully lead to a more stable resale market and enable more dealers and sellers to be competitive with giants like Amazon while keeping the Spyderco brand elevated to the high levels it is currently at. Many other companies like ZT and Benchmade have MAP policies so this is not an uncommon thing in the knife world.
    https://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69166

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    They looked awesome until I saw that they were m4. That steel just doesn't suit me well. M4 rusts too easily for a pocket knife for me. Lots of people love it, but I just can't make it work. My sweat is too salty, I guess.

I think I really like that mantra and mantra 2....

slowmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indy area
    I'm definitely onboard with the mantra. Probably the one that I am most likely to buy here. Then Nirvana is cool, but my initial reaction is that I would rather spend $400+ on something besides a Spyderco. I'm sure it will be great and may be worth the money, but that is just my gut. Would love to give the HAP40 a try, but I'm not a fan of the FRN.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I never was a Spyderco fan. They just didn't appeal to me. I like that Autonomy.

Benchmade. Kershaw.

Top Bottom