• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I picked up a Smart Reloader brand SR1750 bullet puller. It was a good deal at $9.99. There weren't too many options that would do 17 cal. It came with an extra collet set as well. Pulls bullets from 17 rem to 50/70 govt. Over the years I have accumulated a box of rounds that did not reload properly for one reason or another. I had used my buddy's RCBS a couple of years ago. This one worked just as well and for less money. I pulled 17 rem, 223, 380, 38 spl and 44 mag rounds amounting to about 60 rounds total. It worked just as it should.

walker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Terre Haute
    TIP.... use wood for a surface to hit on. I have a Dillon bullet puller. The screw on end cap broke, called Dillon and they replaced it for free. Told the person that I was using a metal plate (4"x6"x1") for a surface to hit on. He told me to use wood instead of the metal.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I use a piece of hard wood as well. I used to just bang them on the concrete floor but have cracked them doing that before.

hicap30

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Yes sir wood is the only way not to crack those bullet pullers, I also learned the hard way. Concrete and plastic do not mix.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I just pulled about 50 round today, banging the puller on my garage floor. I will find a more appropriate surface for next time.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    What a timely thread, I just pulled about 30 .223 w/ vise grips, we were loading up some .223 for tomorrow so I needed these pulled. I couldnt locate my bullet puller, probably put into the wrong box when we organized the garage a few weeks back.

I will have to pick up one of these......

Thanks for the post.

Top Bottom