• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    Got to Pop Guns today to try out the sr9c. I've had it a couple of weeks now. Plenty of time to clean it thoroughly and dry fire it quite a bit.
    I put about 200 rounds through without a problem. It was a mixture of Blazer brass, S&B, Winchester 124gr NATO, and some Winchester 147gr hollow points.
    This gun shoots great. I liked it a lot more than my Bersa 9uc and shot better with it too.
    The Bersa may be going up the trading block. I've been thinking about a G26 or XD sub 9.
    Anyway, love the sr9c.

Last edited:

changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    Forgot to mention, the slide did not lock back a few times but my thumb kept finding its way to the slide lock. I had to adjust my grip a bit.
    Can't wait to get back and put some more rounds through.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Got to Pop Guns today to try out the sr9c. I've had it a couple of weeks now. Plenty of time to clean it thoroughly and dry fire it quite a bit.
    I put about 200 rounds through without a problem. It was a mixture of Blazer brass, S&B, Winchester 124gr NATO, and some Winchester 147gr hollow points.
    This gun shoots great. I liked it a lot more than my Bersa 9uc and shot better with it too.
    The Bersa may be going up the trading block. I've been thinking about a G26 or XD sub 9.
    Anyway, love the sr9c.
    THANK YOU for the review:yesway:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I had the same issue with my SIG on having my thumb over the slide release!

The SR9C is one of the few compacts that has almost made me put up my G19...almost :D

changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    Thats funny I was thinking about picking up a G19 or G26. Never shot a Glock. Figured I'd give them a try.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Thats funny I was thinking about picking up a G19 or G26. Never shot a Glock. Figured I'd give them a try.

I'm not one to try and sell a particular platform, the only thing I can do is to give my experience with what I've shot, what I currently shoot and the same with what I've owned and gotten rid of.

For good or bad, the Glock is the polymer pistol ever other polymer pistol, and some steel pistols, are compared against. Reliability, capacity, factory customer service, availability of all things holster/mag pouch/sites and stuff like that. The beauty of the Glock goes beyond just being reliable.

A Glock is a Glock is a Glock! Sometimes that is what turns some people off to them, others love them for that very reason. My smallest 9mm Glock, the model 19, is essentially the same gun as my largest .45 ACP Glock, the model 21. Magazine release, slide release, bore height, trigger are all the same...I can switch calibers and never switch guns...or holsters, or learned trigger techniques... Several other manufacturers have followed this pattern and with the SR-series of pistols you'll be able to have a similar synergy between the 9, 40 and 45 caliber platforms in both full-sized and compact versions.

After shooting several others like Beretta, Springfield XD/XDm, CZ75, SIG and my beloved 1911's I hit on Glock and it was to me what I wanted out of a carry, home defense and competition gun. It's smooth with no real edges or corners to catch on clothing if you carry it. It is ridiculously simple to operate, carry and clean/maintain.

There is an obscene amount of gun manufacture hate out there and so many want to push their chosen platform because they believe it is *superior* to others and therefore by proxy *THEY* are superior than the others. It's hard to find a bad gun out there. I personally would stay away from Taurus not because they are inexpensive or I dislike their product but all too often the people I've shot along side have had many issues with the Taurus and then have problems with their customer service getting the issue resolved. Others have had fantastic luck with them, but I'm not one to try my luck like that!

You've picked a fantastic piece in the Ruger, backed by a great company renown for being good to their customers and producing some good quality weapons! I'd recommend giving the Glock a shot as well as looking into the M&P line (which I'm looking into as a 2nd choice) life is too short to not try a few and it will either open your eyes to something new or reaffirm what you already knew to begin with (your current gun is the one you love!) :D

changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    Yea, I've never been hard core brand specific. Ive had CZ, Kel Tec, Beretta, Bersa, Hi Point(actually shot pretty decent) now Ruger and I think very soon (hopefully) Glock. Ive been happy with them all. I just like to try different stuff. I've already got the Bersa sold and I think I'm going with the G26. I like the small guns. Not sure why.
    Thanks for the advice.
    I really like the fact that the insides seem really simple also.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    No worries! I'm always willing to help someone spend money on a new gun!

My favorite Glock is the Glock 21 but that 26 is a sweet shooting little gun; I was a bit apprehensive about shooting something in a sub-compact 9mm. But it is so well designed that it was a pleasure to shoot. Sometimes those smaller guns just aren't made for shooting all day at the range but the 26 really changed my mind. I would have one if it wasn't for the fact I already have a Glock 19, the compact version. In the end, as much as I like Glock, I will probably end up with one!

I think Glock says 36 or 37 total parts in their gun, including the magazine. I like keeping it simple!

Top Bottom