• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    after a long "layoff" from shooting, i decided over the winter to get my act together and start shooting USPSA again.

literally cleaned 10 years of dust off my gun and gear, and went to NPCCC a couple months ago for their 1st match of the year.

got through the match without shootin' myself in the foot, :yesway:
    had a couple mikes, and a few procedural's, and had some gun related issues. gave the gun a good cleaning and did better at the 2nd match.

hmmm
    they shoot outlaw steel...:hooked: yep give it a try.. it'll be good practice on my draw and sight picture...
    wow they shoot rimfire rifle and pistol.... that'll be a cheap way to "play" , but my only 22Lr is a tube fed marlin....:ugh:

well i needed powder anyway, so i head off to cabelas to grab some, wife was with me, and said "i'm gonna go in with you so you dont get distracted by all the shiny stuff" :spend:

well it's not shiny, but i picked up a used mossberg 715T 22LR :):

made a trip over to point blank in merrillville this morning to run some ammo through it, once i got the sights zero'd in, i was pleasantly surprised how well i shot, keeping my 10 rd groups at about 2".
    the sights are horrible, (to me anyway) gonna have to put a dot on it...

down the rabbit hole i go once again.....

:cheers:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Hope the 715t runs for you cause the one i had was a pos. Had to send back to mossberg 2 times and only ran 30 rounds thru it. First time, 11 rounds and extractor shot out the ejection port. Sent it in, got back and within 18-19 rounds same thing. It was one of the very first rifles produced, but needless to say i got rid of it in a trade as soon as i got it back from mossberg the 2nd time. Full disclosure to guy i traded with of course. All in all Mossberg had it longer than i did. Good luck!

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    Hope the 715t runs for you cause the one i had was a pos. Had to send back to mossberg 2 times and only ran 30 rounds thru it. First time, 11 rounds and extractor shot out the ejection port. Sent it in, got back and within 18-19 rounds same thing. It was one of the very first rifles produced, but needless to say i got rid of it in a trade as soon as i got it back from mossberg the 2nd time. Full disclosure to guy i traded with of course. All in all Mossberg had it longer than i did. Good luck!

i ran 200 rds through it. had 5 or 6 FTF, but i'm thinking they were more ammo related, i was shooting 20+ year old UMC "yellow box" my old marlin model 99 doesnt like that ammo either :dunno:
    the 25 rd mag is kinda a POS, works fine with 10-12 rd's in it, but all my FTF were with that mag fully loaded.

gonna grab some 10 rd mags and go from there.

:cheers:

Top Bottom