• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I saw this on the local news site and had to share! The state police have set up a web site where you can check to see if an address has had meth lab activity. They will also be listing car VIN numbers for vehicles that have had mobile meth labs in them.

Anyone buying or renting a home or used car should be checking this one out!

Meth.IN.gov: Clan Lab Addresses

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Only 4 on my old street in Anderson... With one being within view of my old front porch. Funny thing, it shows the date of the bust on that site as a month before I moved. I don't really remember seeing any increased police activity around that time.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We have had three dumped on our property but we were not on the list. Maybe it is because they weren't in the house, but I did see others on the list that were found in the ditches as it indicated a distance from an intersection and what side of the road they were found on rather than a specific address. Good information to know though.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Only 4 on my old street in Anderson... With one being within view of my old front porch. Funny thing, it shows the date of the bust on that site as a month before I moved. I don't really remember seeing any increased police activity around that time.

ONLY???

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    So what if it used to be and is not now?

There are often residues of nasty chemicals, plus you may find yourself living at an address with an unsavory reputation. Cars can get reputation as well; I had a friend in HS with a sweet 72 Cutlass that his brother was using for drug deals. The car was poison after that, almost a mercy his brother wrecked it.

They'd probably put me on the meth list because I easily have everything I'd need and more, but I've scrupulously avoided learning how to actually do it because I don't want to. I resent the meth tweaks motivating our legislatards to make it difficult to obtain effective decongestants; if I met one it probably wouldn't go well for him.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Only 6 in Hancock County? Ain't. No. Way. Looks like more enforcement needed over there.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I think this is the listing that Realtors were pushing. If the property is remediated or checks out as clean then it is removed from the list.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Back in the day, I bought a used 70s Monte Carlo and found a joint in it when I was cleaning it out. My cousin had a Monte also, and found a bong in hers! Something about Monte Carlos I didn't know? :pimp:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My understanding from what I read is that this list is meth labs reported to the state police since sometime in 2009. If it hasn't been reported, it obviously won't be on the list. I've had a lady who lives next to a meth house tell me that she was told that contaminated items can "just be washed with Simple Green" and the contaminants are gone. I don't believe that. The health department has a specific procedure for removing contaminants and it involves removal or drywall, carpeting (I believe sub floor as well), etc. I am pretty sure it has to be basically stripped to the studs and rebuilt with new materials.

I need to go back and look at that list now...the motel on 30 near Hanna/Hamlet has had major busts there multiple times and was shut down for months last year while they "cleaned it up". I believe there has been at least one bust there since then. I don't recall seeing it on the list though!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I found two rooms at the motel on the current list. It is open for business so that's a bit concerning.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise

I forget my purple ;) but if you've ever lived in Anderson, and especially the part I did, you wouldn't be surprised. I worked at a Walgreens for a few months, and they are easy to spot. My manager wrote down a known Meth cook's license plate number after he was turned down for a purchase of pseudoephedrine and gave it to the police, which we dealt with very often. He came back and informed us that our tip helped them bust 5 labs that night.

Top Bottom