• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    I just recently started to get into reloading. Within the last few weeks still buying tools exc. I have been depriming and resizing some brass though. I have a 4 piece .45 acp die i got from an auction. Its made by lee and came in a red container. I need to know if its carbide so i know if i have to oil them. I have a .30 carbine set that is also the 4 piece lee set in a red case. Same ??? applies.

Thanks

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Look at the end of the die with the de-capping pin. If it looks like a sleeve in the end of the die, it is most likely carbide. As to the .30 carbine set, same thing. It was an extra $10 to get carbide in .30 carbine. So I would really look it over carefully.
    By the way. Welcome to INGO.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    In the past, the Lee Carbine dies came in the red box, steel dies in a green box, but that was many years ago. Lee dies are all I have ever used, and I haven't wore one out yet, but I still keep trying!

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have a set of new 7.62 x 25 Lee dies that has a steel sizing die, I also have new 38 super Lee die carbide sizing die, both are in red boxes. Like the other poster said look close at the end of the die and you can see the carbide sizing ring.

Dave

Top Bottom