• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I'm trying to stipple a G19 frame, but I worry about taking too much off, I've been using a dremel, to remove the finger grooves, any advice? You tube is somewhat helpful, but.....well...you know......I will post pictures soon, thanks in advance....

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NE of Indy
    Well, here are a couple of pictures of my Gen4 Glock 26.
    You can see in one of the photos where I shaved down the existing texture and I may have lightly sanded it smooth. I didn’t worry about getting it perfect since I knew the iron would be displacing material.
    I believe I ended up using a Dremel on the finger grooves as well. I made sure I didn’t go deeper than flush with the recesses and never had any issues. This was my very first stippling and I don’t really consider it “clean” work, it was a fun project, and it definitely has a good grip without being too abrasive.

320DD667-63E0-428B-9BF5-37E1CE3EA995.png

Attachments

• 4879E919-681F-4EF1-9239-58EBA22B3023.png
      4879E919-681F-4EF1-9239-58EBA22B3023.png
      2.5 MB · Views: 22

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sounds like you are already on it. And I really like the looks of McGavin's G26.

That said, I'll throw in my :twocents:...

...don't stipple your Glocks. It will kill the resale value as a lot of us would never invest in a cut or modified framed gun.

Much better to sell your older gen Glocks and buy a gen5, with the newer more aggressive grip nubs.

I'll shut up now. Carry on...

:)

Last edited:

MrSmitty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    This is what I’ve done so far, just thinking of if I ever trade/sell….My fat fingers hate the grooves!!, so they're being removed, as far as resell, I do kinda like this, and I like having a fullish sized 9mm, so....Chooter, how did you remove the original texture?, as I said, just worried about removing too much....

Attachments

• IMG_4417.jpeg
      IMG_4417.jpeg
      517.8 KB · Views: 16
    • IMG_4420.jpeg
      IMG_4420.jpeg
      388.5 KB · Views: 16
    • IMG_4419.jpeg
      IMG_4419.jpeg
      376.7 KB · Views: 15
    • IMG_4418.jpeg
      IMG_4418.jpeg
      422.3 KB · Views: 16

MrSmitty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Update, not the best job, but my first attempt, will probably do some more on it, but for now

Attachments

• IMG_4448.jpeg
      IMG_4448.jpeg
      366 KB · Views: 17
    • IMG_4447.jpeg
      IMG_4447.jpeg
      383.8 KB · Views: 17

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...don't stipple your Glocks. It will kill the resale value as a lot of us would never invest in a cut or modified framed gun.

Much better to sell your older gen Glocks and buy a gen5, with the newer more aggressive grip nubs.

I'll shut up now. Carry on...

:)

I agree. For future readers, if you don't like the finger grooves, get a Gen 5. If you don't like the texture, Talon makes precut grip tape in three textures that look great, aren't going to come off by themselves and can be removed cleanly with a blow dryer.

Any time I see a stippled gun up for sale, it gets an immediate pass.

With that said, if I 'was' going to remove the finger grooves, I would use a 1" drum sander in a dremel or more likely, a larger, drum sander in a drill press and appropriate files. Sandpaper wrapped around various shaped objects would also be useful.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    I agree. For future readers, if you don't like the finger grooves, get a Gen 5. If you don't like the texture, Talon makes precut grip tape in three textures that look great, aren't going to come off by themselves and can be removed cleanly with a blow dryer.

Any time I see a stippled gun up for sale, it gets an immediate pass.

With that said, if I 'was' going to remove the finger grooves, I would use a 1" drum sander in a dremel or more likely, a larger, drum sander in a drill press and appropriate files. Sandpaper wrapped around various shaped objects would also be useful.
    If I were to stipple I'd use my laser engraver....

But I'm bougie....

MrSmitty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    No plan on selling/trading the 19...I've got it how I like it, it's accurate, holds a goodly amount of ammo, and I just plain like it....the mags are as "plentiful as stars in the sky Bill Tyler!"

And… just like that a Shockwave in .410 shows up in the classifieds……lol

Last edited:
    Top Bottom