• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I have .380 pistol that is having some stove piping issues, about every other 2 rounds. I have read somewhere that removing 2 coils on the recoil spring should help it out, but i would like to hear everyone's opinions on that. The gun is cheap and not a carry gun, so im not worried about having to get another spring if this doesn't work. So i guess the question is do you all think it could make a difference ? i have already polished internals , to try and reduce friction but i still get the stove piping.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Hard to tell without seeing it. Cutting springs is the last thing I would recommend. Heck it very well might be a weak recoil spring.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    fs380 cobra and not sure about the kind of ammo, i got a bag of .380 ammo from a friend who recently sold his .380 although i have ran 2 different kinds of fmj and the bag from the friend was filled with hollow points. nothing seems to work. I know that doesnt help but im going to try and pick up a box of heavier fmj tomorrow from the store to see if that helps any.

Top Bottom