• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    Can any reloading sages of INGO help a newb out. I was given a giant bucket of casings from a friend, and after tumbling them I got a few that are weirdly colored. Can anyone ID?

Brass .30-06 on the bottom right for reference. I was able to determine that the .380 on the bottom left is some sort of steel case. The others don't stick to a magnet or clean up after brasso.
    1694475444292.png

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Can any reloading sages of INGO help a newb out. I was given a giant bucket of casings from a friend, and after tumbling them I got a few that are weirdly colored. Can anyone ID?

Brass .30-06 on the bottom right for reference. I was able to determine that the .380 on the bottom left is some sort of steel case. The others don't stick to a magnet or clean up after brasso.
    View attachment 298778
    Alien technology? :dunno:

MD Coltrane

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2023
    Granger, IN

View attachment 298778
    Those look like steel .223 cases. the others could be aluminum if the magnet doesn't stick to them. I wouldn't try to reload anything that isn't brass. Some steel case 9 mm cases are plated with brass and WILL go into a resizing die, but they can get stuck. The headstamp on those are OZK, just pitch them if you run across them. The Chinese copper washed their ammo casings that were metal for better feeding. More scrap metal there.

Top Bottom