• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    My wife says she wants a stun gun. I've never used one and I don't know much about them. What is a good make and model of stun gun?

She already has her own knives, firearms, pepper spray and impact weapons so don't post stuff about other things being better than stun guns because she already has the other things. This is a thread about stun guns.

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Spend the money and get the civilian model Taser.

+1

Taser is the way to go. A 'stun gun' requires a person to make physical contact (within arm's reach) with their attacker. A civilian taser (like Taser International's X26c has a range of 15 feet. It is designed to continue to discharge for 10 seconds continuously, so that the victim may set down the taser and retreat to a safe place. Taser International will replace the taser at no charge if you provide them with a copy of the police report from the incident.

Be aware that under IC 35-47-8-4,
    IC 35-47-2 applies to an electronic stun weapon or taser.

In other words, you MUST have a LTCH in order to possess a stun gun or taser in Indiana.

Chuck26287

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Anderson, IN
    Did this recently change in Indiana? I thought a year or two ago the code differentiated between a stun-gun and a tazer for LTCH purposes. An LTCH was required for a tazer (projectile device) but not a stun-gun. It appears now there is no difference... LTCH required for either.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Did this recently change in Indiana? I thought a year or two ago the code differentiated between a stun-gun and a tazer for LTCH purposes. An LTCH was required for a tazer (projectile device) but not a stun-gun. It appears now there is no difference... LTCH required for either.

IC code lists 3 different stun devices. Stun guns, stun weapons and tasers. A LTCH is required for stun weapons and tasers but not for stun guns. The difference between stun guns and weapons depends on the milliamps and hz.
    Indiana Code 35-47-8

Top Bottom