• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I went to Crosley today for a little rifle practice.I'm still trying to decide on what load works best for my gun. Everything was going well, then it happened. I went down to replace my target, came back, sat down, loaded a round, fired. I didn't put my ears back on.:ugh: I was shooting my 300wsm. My ears were ringing for about a half hour after and still feel a little funny. It still seems like I can hear just like I did before my DA attack, but I really wish I hadn't done that. Or at least had been shooting my 22 instaed. Moral of the story: ALWAYS remember your ear protection!

manygunsmike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Cedar Lake Indiana
    OUCH ! I touched off a surplus 7.62x54r blank round on Independence day and thought that I would never hear again! I forgot to pull the muffs back over my ears after pushing them up when I reloaded another 5 rounds.

manygunsmike

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Not a move I intend to repete any time soon. I'll be able to tell if theres any difference when I go to church this morning. If I can't understand the sermon.....depending on the sermon, it might not be a bad thing to not hear all of it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've done it with a 357 magnum many years ago and that was enough for me. I can't imagine it with a 300 WinMag.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I had a friend wanting to shoot my 50 BMG, he was so excited that he forgot to put his hearing protection, after he fired the rifle he scream like a little biatch, said he couldn't hear right for days

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Well....that's 50 cal sounds really unpleasant, I won't lie to you.

I shot off a cylinder of .357 mag without ears, once, that.....woke me up.

I wouldn't be adverse to surgical modification that deadened the painful range noises like the high-end electronic muffs do.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I did the dbl 1911's one time without ear plugs.... ONE TIME...

"You shouldn't shoot me, Johnny. My grandmother shot me once... ONCE!"
    dangerously.jpg

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    OUCH! Should we all learn sign language now? Besides the obvious one that everyone already knows? LOL Sorry to hear (no pun intended) about your booboo, it's one that BOR is after me about all the time. Apparently I'm supposed to wear them even if I have a need to pull my pistol here at home. I'd better listen to him now, rather than not hear a word he says later.......OUCH!

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I accidentally shot off my AR (5.56) without wearing ears once while I was indoors, in a small room with one open window. That was too much for me.

Top Bottom