• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am planning to head to Whittakers with a friend tomorrow. So in preparation I perused their web site earlier and saw the following:

S&W 60 Pro .357mag 3in Stainless Steel barrel w/Front Night Sight, Adj. rear sight, Performance Center Aluminium case ***LIKE NEW*** $439

Knowing full well it would last minutes in the case, I started speed dialing the store. Took about 10 minutes to get through and the nice lady confirmed they still had it. "And the price is $439?":), asked I. To which she replied "Oh no, $569". :(

She thanked me for inadvertently pointing out their error. I sighed and hung up.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I am planning to head to Whittakers with a friend tomorrow. So in preparation I perused their web site earlier and saw the following:

S&W 60 Pro .357mag 3in Stainless Steel barrel w/Front Night Sight, Adj. rear sight, Performance Center Aluminium case ***LIKE NEW*** $439

Knowing full well it would last minutes in the case, I started speed dialing the store. Took about 10 minutes to get through and the nice lady confirmed they still had it. "And the price is $439?":), asked I. To which she replied "Oh no, $569". :(

She thanked me for inadvertently pointing out their error. I sighed and hung up.
    Why don't you call back and talk to Daryl or Chris and explain what happened and ask if they'll give you a little discount? After all, if you hadn't called and just drove over you would have blown some gas money. Maybe they'll work with you.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Nah, I'll still look at it but it was clearly an honest mistake. Not like they had it wrong on the tag. That, I would push for. Plus, I was going anyway. They are good at dealing with folks on that sort of stuff. I was going to pick up a used Marlin 1894 and was talking to Darrell about a trade. We came to an agreement and I went back to get the rifle and someone else had grabbed it! He gave me a little better trade since I had to buy a new one.

This wasn't the first time I caught a mistake. I had to call them for something a while back and mentioned they had a used SW9VE listed for $339 which was $40 more than they charge for a new one. Told them it looked like Gander had bought them out, used being more than new.:):

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I think there is a gun show in Owensboro this weekend. The last one I went to had a pretty good selection of goodies. I don't know how you buy a pistol there unless they have an Indiana FFL there or can get it to one in IN.

Top Bottom