Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of
    themselves and the State shall not be questioned.” Article
    1, Section 21.

I am in PA today and while here I was going to apply for my non-res. I called ahead to the Sheriff's office to check and see what the hours were to apply for the permit.

The lady gave me the hours, she then said on top of the application "This" sheriff wants a letter explaining why I needed to carry in his county, two references (not relatives) and $25 instead of the $19 fee, I guess they don't read their own constitution in their state.

I just said forget it your state already recognizes my states permit.

When I got into town I asked my friend if their sheriff was a democrat. He laughed and said Yes and why do you ask? I told him and then I just said I was going to be in PA again next week.

I think I;ll check and see if that sheriff is a Republican (not a republicrat) If so I should have an easier time.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of
    themselves and the State shall not be questioned.” Article
    1, Section 21.
    The lady gave me the hours, she then said on top of the application "This" sheriff wants a letter explaining why I needed to carry in his county, two references (not relatives) and $25 instead of the $19 fee, I guess they don't read their own constitution in their state.
    ---

I grew up in PA, and this part of the constitution I always liked ...

That said - was this possibly an older lady or a more 'URBAN' county? (i.e. Pittsburgh or Philadelphia?) ...

1. Pa permits used to be a 'may' issue for THE COUNTY ONLY ... I had nothing to carry and no money for it, but I wanted it when I turned 21 ... soon after that - they changed to state permits and shall issue ... (and have 'no-local law' thing that the two big cities always try to sneak stuff past).

2. if it was more urban area ...well I just covered that - they are very 'anti 2A' ...

I think Bill-of-Rights had the correct path ... from what I've heard if you WRITE to Centre County Sheriff and send your application / fees etc. you have a few week and you get your permit.

Good Luck.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Why would you bother with a PA non-res when your IN LTCH is already recognized?

Just wondering. Call me curious.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Get it through Centre County... Denny is very PRO-2A and his staff are helpful. Any questions, just call them up. It is easier and quick, much faster than IN. At least it was a year ago. Good luck.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Ok, that makes sense, I suppose. Have you done a cost analysis against the UT or FL non-res? You get more than just WV with either of those.

Top Bottom