• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I have the gooey mud issue too. put a brick or two in the bottom, and when it gets bad, use Wifeys Salad Slot Spoon to scoop it out. (it hangs on a nail in rafter. She asks me if I have seen it lately? No Dear, should buy another)Lol. 2ft lift, no check valve, right through the wall to a flex pipe. Only replace once in 25 years. Cast Iron Submerisble 1/3 hsp.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Left out this important detail. It is the switch, it was stuck in the off position, and it wasnt running. My back up triggered and we heard the alarm. It's a 1/2 horse unit. I've been reading the biggest complaint with Zoellers is the switch.
    The switch is the weakest link in most sump pumps, but the Utilitech Pro 3/4 hp has a very good switch. The only problem I have is the gooey red mud that clogs up the holes. If I had relatively clean water in my crock, I believe that the Utilitech Pro would last a long, long time.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    The switch is the weakest link in most sump pumps, but the Utilitech Pro 3/4 hp has a very good switch. The only problem I have is the gooey red mud that clogs up the holes. If I had relatively clean water in my crock, I believe that the Utilitech Pro would last a long, long time.

I've found that to be true too. My pump has lasted 19 years, but I'm on the third float switch.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    My pump sits in the same pit where the water softener discharges so its getting hammered by all the crud from the softener. Went with a Wayne 3/4hp from RK earlier this spring. It was after some long rains we had and it was cycling almost every 10 seconds.

Top Bottom