• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    I decided to go for a Sunday drive yesterday, wanted to put some miles on the new (used) truck and get some take-out (KFC) for supper. I live in the southern part of Decatur County (Greensburg), so I headed south to North Vernon (which is actually closer to me than Greensburg is).

They're replacing the 'big iron bridge' that crosses Sandcreek so I had to take the back-road detour... winding blacktop for the most part, which made for a nice drive (compared to it being state highway all the way).

My first stop in town was the Walmart, I wanted to see if they were selling firearms there. I can tell you they have about a dozen on display (various rifles and shotguns)... which really wasn't all that surprising, as the Greensburg Walmart isn't selling them at all.

Leaving Walmart, I drove down the street to KFC and placed my order for a 20-piece bucket... I had a 12-minute wait, so I grabbed a large sweet tea and a seat at one of the pub-type tables they have there... good tea, not too sweet like McDonald's is.

Leaving KFC, I decided to 'make a lap' thru town just to see what was going on (I use to cruise down here alot in my teens)... and found myself parking at John's Guns and Tackle on the south-side (north edge of Vernon on State Road 3).

This was my second trip to this store (he just opened about 2 months ago) and I wanted to see what he had new on the shelf... today, a Glock 26 Gen3 caught my eye...

I explained my residency situation to John and what we would need to do to get ATF approval... after reviewing the 4473, he said "let's give it a try".

I completed the form using my Indiana address, my SS# and my Arizona Driver's License as photo ID. He called it in and read the info to the staffer on the other end of the phone... 30 seconds later, we had an approval.

I grabbed a couple of boxes of Hornday Critical Defense 115gr FTX (the best defense load he had in stock)... and we rang it up on my VISA card... 5 minutes later I was out the door - total elapsed time, under 30 minutes (including all the bs chatter).

I should probably point out here that this is my first Glock... in fact, I had never held one before today.

I had been planning this purchase for awhile, and I already had the accessories purchased... 2 Pearce Extensions and 2 Galco Holsters were waiting for me at home... the extensions are installed and holding 11 shots while I try to loosen them up a bit, the Galco's are taking turns being streached (paddle and ankle). I'll install the Siderlock later this week.

I ordered another holster last night online, a Stronghold Convertible that can be worn inside or outside the waistband - I'm looking foward to trying it out.

It'll be a few days before I get a chance to shoot it - not surprisingly, that was the first question my son asked me, when I showed him what I had bought.

All-in-all, it was quite a day... time for some chicken and a cold frosty.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    I live 6 months of the year in Indiana, 6 in Arizona... more than meeting the residency requirements on Form 4473.

-----

ATF Form 4473 - Definations

5. State of Residence: The State in which an individual resides. An individual resides in a State if he or she is present in a State with the intention of making a home in that State. If an individual is a member of the Armed Forces on active duty, his or her State of residence is the State in which his or her permanent duty station is located. An alien who is legally in the United States is a resident of a State only if the alien is residing in the State and has resided in the State for at least 90 days prior to the date of sale or delivery of a firearm. These examples illustrate this definition:

Example 2. A is a U.S. citizen and maintains a home in State X and a home in State Y. A resides in State X on weekdays, and in State Y on weekends. During the time A actually resides in State X, A is a resident of State X. During the time A actually resides in State Y, A is a resident of State Y.

Top Bottom