• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Well I started the process today. I found the suppressor I wanted in stock with an out of state dealer I have done business with before and ordered a Yankee Hill Machine Integral for the 10/22. It will cost me an extra 75 in transfer fees but his price was 100 better than anyone else so it is about a wash.

yhmsuppressor.jpg

Currently I am building the 10/22 using a NoDak Spud receiver, Rimfire Technology CNC trigger housing and bolt, Timney trigger...it may not include any Ruger parts at all...lol. Sadly now I have to deal with the 3-6 ,month wait on the tax stamp for the barrel, that is the part of the build that sucks however it does allow time to spread out the expenses on the other parts.

Parts on the way....

nodak1.jpg

nodak2.jpg

nodak3.jpg

The NoDak Spud sight system will give me great iron sights for general shooting as well as for Appleseeds and will allow for either a scope or a red dot. The system will co-witness with a sight like the Bushnell TRS 25. The front sight is made for a .920 diameter barrel and will use any SKS post.

nodak4.jpg

I have decided to go with the Hogue Over-Molded stock in Ghillie Tan for this project.

Bflo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing this come together. I think I saw this on ZS?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    So, if I'm looking at that right, the pic of the barrel has the suppressor built into it? You will basically have what looks like a bull barrel gun but actually be suppressed? That is one of the coolest things I've seen around these parts in a while! If our paths ever cross I would pay to shoot a couple rounds down range with that rifle.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Man does that look great. So, school a fool. Does that suppressor fit into the barrel? If so that's amazing. I can't wait to see it either.

I just made up my mind this last week to do my own 10/22 build. Mine will be a longer project since I'm broke. My first step is to start hitting pawn shops from time to time to find a cheap base model so I can take the receiver and sell off the rest. After looking into buying after market receivers like yours...it's just an expense I'd rather save for a nicer barrel or trigger group.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I am anxious too, in fact I am already planning to buy a standard barrel so I can shoot the gun while waiting for the stamp to clear...of course that will mean I will have a spare barrel...something I won't be able to stand so yet another 10/22 will be built at some point.

Yep...I posted in ZS as well.

So, if I'm looking at that right, the pic of the barrel has the suppressor built into it? You will basically have what looks like a bull barrel gun but actually be suppressed? That is one of the coolest things I've seen around these parts in a while! If our paths ever cross I would pay to shoot a couple rounds down range with that rifle.

Yep...the baffling fits inside the barrel, it is .920 in diameter or the same as the standard bull barrels.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have also msg'ed the maker of the JG Bolt lock. This replaces the standard bolt lock allowing the bolt to be locked close making it a single shot. This will eliminate the action noise and well as the small amount of escaping gas from the rifle making it as quiet as a bolt gun.

For a working barrel I am so tempted to buy a finned barrel so I will have an excuse to build one of these later...

1022thomp.jpg

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    Looks great! You need to add one of these to it and have a ball! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7X8vrtluRY[/ame]

Where do I get me some of them white pants and orange shades?!?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I to am building a 10/22 with integral whenever my Thompson Operative barrels clears. It is a PITA waiting on the ATF to do their part but I understand its part of the game.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I'll pass on the Hellfire. If I want to waste ammo I have a crank...lol.

Yes...I have heard the Yankee Hill in action.

The wait is the tough part, I will be buying a regular barrel just so I can shoot the rifle and proof the action. I want one of the finned barrels but they are out of stock right now but should be available in a few weeks.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    451, what are you using in your build? I'm using a Hogue stock for the bull barrel and probably going with a Redfield 3x9 scope but not dead set on that yet.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    451, what are you using in your build? I'm using a Hogue stock for the bull barrel and probably going with a Redfield 3x9 scope but not dead set on that yet.

Not sure what you mean, most of the major components I am using are outlined in the OP. Most of the parts are ordered already. Parts left to be ordered are the bolt, charging handle, and bolt lock. Currently the finned barrel I want is temporarily out of stock but should be available later this month. The Hogue stock in Ghillie Tan was order a few days ago. The main sight system on this rifle will be the iron sights.

Top Bottom