• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TANK BOSS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 27, 2021
    Fishers
    Does anyone know any retail point, in or near Indy, where you can do ALL the required steps for a Form 4? Specifically the fingerprints and photos?
    Barring the above: what is the absolute easiet way to do a CAN purchase and the NFA paperwork??
    I did a Form 1 and Form 4 two 2 years ago, and frankly, I can't recall how the whole process works. Sigh...

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Hoosier Armory in Noblesville has a SliencerShop kiosk. If you're not looking to do something through SilencerShop, Tim's Shooting Academy in Westfield can do your fingerprints and digitize - believe, it's $40 and they'll put your electronic prints on a thumb drive.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Silencer Shop's kiosk takes your prints. Their phone app does the photo and uploads it and they take care of the rest of the paperwork and submittal. Set up an SS account before doing the kiosk.

Now that they are doing all submittals by efile, you need to set up an account with ATF as well in order to "certify" the submittal.

A SS dealer will help with the kiosk and answer questions as will a call to SS.

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    Go on silencershop and look at which dealers they can ship to, call each store individually and ask if they are set up for the eforms (or paper application, if you want to go that route).

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    One caveat is that I'm still hearing of lots of issues with silencershop and eforms. If you are OK with getting your prints local to you or getting the digital prints from a printscan location, a non silencershop dealer should be pretty painless.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    One caveat is that I'm still hearing of lots of issues with silencershop and eforms...

FWIW, I have done three efiles with SS and their local dealer. All on SS Single Shot Trusts. I have had zero problems and the certification was done with a coordinated phone call with the local dealer. Each time took less than 10 minutes. The dealer told me the efile certification has taken them up to 2 hours when the buyer didn't have their correct ATF efile user name or pin and or did not use matching info on their ATF and SS accounts.

The dealers have had a learning curve too but mine figured it out after doing a couple. Most problems originate with the buyer not following easy directions.

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Beech Grove will do it all for you - fingerprints, take your photo, submit the forms. No kiosk, but maybe this would suit your needs.

Top Bottom