• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    How much do the Surefire suppressors run that fit over the flash hider? I particularly like the Micro, but I'm not really picky about size, since I'd be using it for hog hunting. Also, who sells them?

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I'm not a hunter but if I remember right hunting with a suppressor in a no no and you need an adapter to replace the flash hider. (I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to clarify)

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm not a hunter but if I remember right hunting with a suppressor in a no no and you need an adapter to replace the flash hider. (I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to clarify)

You can hunt hogs in Texas with a suppressor. Also, Surefire makes suppressors that go right over the flash hider.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    The surefire suppressors DO require a special adapter. They sell one that looks like the regular birdcage, but it has a cut out on it and IS NOT the stock one.

If you are concerned about price you should really look into other suppressors The YHM suppressors attach pretty easy, so do the AAC ones and probably a few others, ALL suppressors that I know of do need a special flash hider or muzzle break that the suppressors attach to.

The surefire ones are really expensive though, and many other brands are very good and a lot cheaper. You will also have a hard time finding a dealer who can get you a surefire suppressor here in Indiana because I have heard that the initial buy in is pretty high.

Edit:
    As far as qd's that use an A2 cage, I believe the Gemtech Halo fits the bill.
    And that is why I choose my words carefully "ALL suppressors that I know of." Learn something new every day.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom