• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I have a TLR-1 HL and I can't say anything bad about it. I know several officers who use the TLR-1 on their rifles and pistols who have never had a problem with them, so I went ahead and got one myself. Surefire makes great products, I just feel like you pay for the name. Streamlight makes a great product too and IMO, you get more for your money.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    The new version of the X300 is basically a copy of the Streamlight with how it attaches. I personally prefer the old style because there is no worry about the screw loosening and coming undone, however, it is a pain in the ass to put the old style ones on.

It's my understanding that Surefire is still producing the "old" x300Ua style. I have been told that they weren't available to civilians while a contract was being filled, and that contract has now been filled. I an pleased thet the x300Ua is back in their catalog. Handgun WeaponLights

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I have an X300U-A and an X400U-G. The only problem Ive ever had with the 300 and the old rail lock system is that it's a pita. The new t lock system on the 400 has failed on me. I had it on my HK 45 and it broke while firing one day, which irked me because that is my HD gun and It doesnt get fired more than about 500 rounds a year. I was able to go online and order a replacement, but I am still concerned about the durability. I only used a coin to tighten it. The part that failed was the threaded portion of the screw separated from the head on the t lock system. The alloy didnt seem all that durable. ?

Top Bottom